Complaint Review: PSI

• Reported By: JustPlainTruth — Defiance Ohio
PSI
8550 Ulmerton Road Largo, Florida United States of America

PSI Professional Surveys Inc. PSI-Dodgy Company Largo, Florida

PSI is probably a bogus company that bothers USAA members.  I do not know how they got my information but USAA was firmly asked not to share my information with affiliates or market to me.  PSI called my pay-as-you-go phone while I was busy taking a timed college online quiz.  When I called USAA, I spoke to two different people in their fraud departments and neither knew a thing about PSI or this number.  PSI mysteriously knew my new rank even before my AKO knew it.  Highly suspicious but if they have been harassing people since 2008 or earlier as online complaints suggest, you would think USAA would have stopped them by now if it were fraud, so who knows what this is all about?
Searching for others' experience with the number that dialed me, I found far more comments defending PSI as an innocent company than ones pointing out its inconsistencies.  Think about it: why would this many people post in defense of PSI?  It is unusual for there to be more defense remarks of a phone number than complaints about it because ordinary people almost never rush off to the internet just to tell a bunch of people on the WWW that the last call they got on their phone is just an innocent call.  Is that something YOU typically do?  And even if it is PSI people making the lame excuse that they are frequently misunderstood feel the need to do this, why haven't they adjusted their business model-given that these misunderstandings have obviously been going on for years-rather than continue on and on to disrespect and confuse USAA customers?
Someone said they sent junk mail in the mail to warn that I would get a phone call.   I do not read junk mail but please re-read the second sentence in this complaint.
The call broke my focus on a question on my quiz; I called back later and got a very dodgy response.  The talk was fast and the wording was tricky.  At first, I was told in a way you could almost miss the word, "affiliated" that they were affiliated with USAA.  "Affiliated could mean anything-it could mean they are a department of USAA (which is what I assumed).  After about 4 minutes and several pieces of information tricked out of me, they finally identified themselves as "PSI".  I immediately stopped giving them information and inquired as to why they did not tell me they were not USAA.  The lady seemed defensive in telling me that she did indeed tell me that they were <merely> affiliated.  I see little need for a legitimate company to not just come out at first and say who they are in the first ten seconds of a phone call or to send a warning letter that they are going to call rather than actually ask you the desired information in the letter itself if they are so sure you are going to read it to be warned of the call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PSI/Largo-Florida-33771/PSI-Professional-Surveys-Inc-PSI-Dodgy-Company-Largo-Florida-1041783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PSI