Complaint Review: PSP Publication Company Limited

• Submitted: Thu, June 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2007

• Reported By:Brookville Florida
PSP Publication Company Limited
48/11-14 Ramkamhang Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240 Thailand Bangkok, Thailand Thailand

PSP Publication Company Limited selling unusable map Bangkok Thailand

I am going to complain about the map selling in the market for travellers these days. They are not so helpful as you think.

I bought Thai map from "Ideal Map by psp" since I planned to travel to Phuket which is one of the best well-known place of attraction in Thailand. I had bought this map from Psp Publication (Thai-Own Publication Company) who was one of the exhibitors at the event named Thailand Travel Mart 2007 organized on 7-8 June, 2007 at Impact Exhibition and Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand. I decided to buy this map because of 3 reasons. First reason was that the map is constructed by Thai, I expected to receive some insight info such as where Thai goes, where Thai eats, where Thai buys souvenirs, etc. Second, the map should provide clearer information on the name of street and places of interest than map contructed by foreigner. Third, my girlfriend could read Thai. After telling the seller what I want from his Phuket map, he shown me one map which looked good and very professional and told me that the information I needed already included in this map. It would be a perfect map for me. Then, I bought it.

After getting to Phuket, I and my girlfriend agreed that this map was not so good as his advice. We were mainly confused with the street names and direction. Some of the interesting places were not named on the map. The map was too broad. Finally, We have to use the free map recommended by silkzpider.com who we booked our hotel room with. This map was a free copy that are placed anywhere in Phuket - at the airport, at the tour desk counter, at taxi counter, at hotel reception, at shopping map, etc. It is a local map constructed by Phuket town people.

Now, we learnt not to waste money buying a map, just get a free copy provided at any tourist counters.

Brookville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2007 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PSP-Publication-Company-Limited/Bangkok-Thailand-10240/PSP-Publication-Company-Limited-selling-unusable-map-Bangkok-Thailand-257610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PSP Publication Company Limited