Complaint Review: PSX Corporation

• Reported By: Brenda P. — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
PSX Corporation

PSX Corporation Company asked for personal Credit Report, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Empire Placement/PSX Corp Question/Clarification

I received the exact same E-mail as one of your other members.  It was from a "Katherine Jones."  I answered a job opportunity on Craigslist in the Knoxville, Tennessee listings.  Here is what they asked me to do.  Fortunately I did not do as they asked!

However, before I am able to set up a formal meeting, PSX will require that you attain a fairly recent(past 5-10 business days) credit report. We, at PSX Corporation, enforce this because the company had a few bad experiences with former employees exploiting having access to a company credit card.

Both PSX and I heavily prefer it if you use http://2010freecreditreportnow.com to attain your check as they are offering the report at no cost to you(unlike other places). PSX has also discovered that they always report back the most factual information. Once you have submitted all of the required information, their company will show you your personal credit report. Afterwards, you will need to e-mail me the reported credit score, a phone number we can reach you at, and your availability times to set up an interview.
I ask you to not email me the complete credit report, as it will have private information. If you have a lower than expected credit score, it will never prevent you from a position with us. Personally, I had a pretty low score when I started here.

If you don't wish to complete a recent credit check, unfortunately we will need to speak with our second choice.

Personally, I am wanting to fill this position with a friendly face and looking forward to your quick reply.

Have a fantastic Monday,
Katherine Jones
HR Division

Everyone beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PSX-Corporation/internet/PSX-Corporation-Company-asked-for-personal-Credit-Report-Internet-552670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PSX Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Empire Placement/PSX Corp Question/Clarification

AUTHOR: Sam L. - (United States of America)

Dear Readers and Posters of reports on PSX Corp and  Empire Placement,

I received a similar message as some previous reporters (Report: #546933, Report: #547843, and Report: #552670) posted. I am pasting the email I received below as a Post Script.

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it a problem to provide a credit report to a company? Haw can simply providing the credit report number be dangerous? I would appreciate learning more about this "scam".

Thank you for your help!

Sam L.

ladowsks@gmail.com

P.S. "Hello Sam L., it is wonderful to speak to you.

I appreciate you e-mailing us. In case our post was not extremely clear, the responsibilities of the position are as follows: you will be answering the phone and taking messages when applicable, you will work on scheduling the company meetings, and running errands for the company for things such as purchasing office supplies and making the bank deposits (you will always be provided with a company car). While you are running errands, you will also be given one of our company credit card(s) for all business purchases.

You seem extremely qualified for the current job opening, more so than the other 13 applicants we received resumes from. I would like to find an available time to set up the next step with you. However, before I am able to schedule a formal meeting, my company requires you to attain a recent(from the past 5-10 business days) credit report. We started requiring this because the company unfortunately had a few bad experiences with former employees taking advantage of having access to one of our company credit cards.

Both PSX and I strongly suggest it that you use http://2010freecreditreportnow.com to attain your check as they are offering the check at no cost to you(unlike other places). PSX has also found that their scores always report back the most factual information.

Once you have submitted all of the necessary information, they will show you your personal report. Afterwards, you will need to e-mail my department the reported credit score, a phone number that you can be easily reached, and your availability schedule to schedule an interview.
I ask you to not email me the complete report, as it will most likely contain private information. If you have a less than desirable credit score, it does not prevent you from a position with us. I had a pretty low score when I started.

If you do not wish to send in a recent credit check, unfortunately PSX will require that I meet with the second choice.

Honestly, I am wanting to get this position filled with a new friendly face and am looking forward to your quick response.

Have a fantastic Monday,