Complaint Review: PUBLIC STORAGE

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 21, 2010

• Reported By: Logan714 — Las Cruces New Mexico U.S.A.
PUBLIC STORAGE
speedway tucson, Arizona United States of America

PUBLIC STORAGE public storage scum tucson, Arizona

*General Comment: sorry OP but the Burden of proof for theft is yours

*General Comment: response to ignorant statement about paying the bill

*Consumer Comment: Pay the bill

*Consumer Comment: Are you a cop....

08 November we stored some stuff in Public Storage. We were going to Missouri, but my father lives in Tucson, four blocks from the facility.

At the time we rented it we gave instructions to the manager that if there were any problems with payment to call the phone number listed on the account. It was my Dad's cell phone since he lived so close.

Well, apparently the employees are illiterate and don't know how to use the phone. The unit was not auctioned, but went to the point that they inventoried my goods and put their lock on it. Well, low and behold some of my electronic items disappeared. Now, I grew up in a family, where my father owned his own industrial real estate corp. I have also worked in property management on and off for 30 years. So, when I discovered my things missing I started asking for things like security logs, key control policy and key access by the employees, the number of employees terminated for theft in the Tucson area in the past 36 months, etc. Anything I could think of being 45 years old and having been a property manager myself.

Well, apparently no one at Public Storage has above a sixth grade English comprehension level. They acted like I was speaking Chinese.

But, in interrogating everyone up to the regional manager I got enough people to slip up enough times and caught them in enough lies to put together that, yes, they do have the information I'm asking for, but they just pretend not to.

Due to their policies and their attempt to distance themselves from any liability whatsoever, I assume they are familiar with the terms negligence and gross negligence.

Now here's the real fun part. Since I have had made numerous attempts and emails to get the exact titles, names and business address as far up the line as I've been and they've refused to give me the information, my next step (since I'm filing a complaint in small claims court) is to subpoena the President, VP and CEO and it's operating offices since they are the only people that I can find that publicly list their full names, titles and business addresses. Plus I have to subpoena all of the records, security logs, video tape, key custody logs, employee records of termination for theft in the area, etc.

The real nice thing about this is that all of my court filings can be done on line and are fairly cheap. Is to go to small claims court to recoup the maximum amount allowed in Arizona which is $2500.

The only way I know to win anything from public storage worth the value of what they've put us through is to make them spend as much money as possible. I'm sure all the operating officers have a rider in their employment contracts that makes it mandatory that they use private jets for business transportation. What does it cost to fly a Golf Stream for two hours?

Anyone else in the Tucson area that has had this problem I am more than happy to share any information that I obtain.

Also, to any legal representatives considering filing a class action suit against this corporation please contact me before my docket date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUBLIC-STORAGE/tucson-Arizona-85711/PUBLIC-STORAGE-public-storage-scum-tucson-Arizona-585066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUBLIC STORAGE

#1 General Comment

sorry OP but the Burden of proof for theft is yours

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

To the OP:

You say your items were stolen.  How are you going to prove those items where in the storage shed?  The Judge in any court will require proof you actually placed expensive electronic items in a shed, and then prove employees of the storage lot stole them.

I dont think you will be able to prove anything, because if you had proof, you would have gone to the police, and this would have been a criminal matter, instead of a civil matter.  Your gathering of all this data wont prove anything.  You need material proof, like finding your items in a pawn shop, or at one of the employee's houses etc.

my god, you think asking about the number of employees terminated for theft in the Tucson Area for the last 36 months is going to prove anything...?

I know the results of your claim in Small Claims court will be.... Sorry you cant prove the Storage Company stole the items, and you cannot prove you had the items in your shed,    SO   C A S E    D I S M I S S E D!!!1

Now, lets get down to the nitty gritty here.  You say you have worked in property management for 30 years.  So why did you not pay the storage bill?  If you had paid the bill, then this would never had been an issue.

#2 General Comment

response to ignorant statement about paying the bill

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

"Wouldn't it have been easier if you paid your bill"

Hey..here's another even easier idea...

Wouldn't it be easier...

if we lived in a better world where employees/people didn't steal from customers??

Pay the bill

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (U.S.A.)

Wouldn't it have been easier to just pay the storage fees?

Are you a cop....

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Unless you left something out you are not a law enforcement officer.  Did you really expect them to just hand all of these items over without a subpoena?

- Of course they have it, but you are NOT Law Enforcement.  Did you file a police report?  As they are the "professionals", and are the ones who will do the investigation to see if there was a crime.y

Yes you are upset but you also appear nieve.  Not that you won't prevail, but you have an uphill battle.  In order to prevail you are going to have to show that they were negligent, and that neglect overrides any waivers you signed.  If you didn't file a police report, the judge is going to want to know why.  As that could make it seem as if you went right to the "money".  If you start adding in things such as all of these "fancy" manuvers you are doing the judge may start to really question YOU.  When you go to court don't forget the receipts to show not only the value of the items you say you are missing, but that in fact you did have them.

You also really think that the judge is going to require an executive to appear in SMALL CLAIMS court?   You will be lucky if the judge even requires them to send in written responses to any questions you may have from them.  You are not Perry Masson, you are suing someone in Small Claims.