Complaint Review: PUBLISH AMERICA

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:Gilbert Arizona
www.publishamerica.com Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

Publish America An American Company that Should Hide It's Head in Shame Frederick Maryland

My fault for getting caught up in the excitement of publishing my book.
My fault for believing Publish America.
MY fault for signing the publishing rights over to PA.
My fault for believing this American Company was one of integrity and based on professional business ethics.

I'm 68, retired and on a very limited income and of course when Publish America wanted my book, I was ecstatic. I was doing handstands, calling my children and grandchildren to share the good news.

Publish America seems to be good to be true and they darn sure fill that bill to a "T." What you see is not what you get with PA! They're not in the least interested in seeing an author succeed - I believe they depend on a few hundred books that the poor frazzled writer purchases and if the truth were known no one has read my entire manuscript, in fact they have no desire to read it.

They don't edit, promote your book or do any of the above to insure the success of an author. I realized this vividly after the third review of my book and the same grammatical mistakes remained in print. Being elderly, I just walked away from it all and chocked my "Publish America" experience as bad, nasty and heart breaking.

I haven't wasted time contacting PA, but I'd like to have my small book back because it was written from the heart for parents and their children. It is a quick read, non fiction and a book that "American Patriots" would be interested in reading prior to the upcoming Presidential Election. It discusses the evolution of parenthood and the role reversal between parent and children.

Too old to fight the legalities presented by PA - I was so ashamed of my book that I haven't bought a copy.

Thanks for Listening

Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUBLISH-AMERICA/Frederick-Maryland-21705-0151/Publish-America-An-American-Company-that-Should-Hide-Its-Head-in-Shame-Frederick-Maryland-348688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUBLISH AMERICA