Complaint Review: PUBLISHER CLEARING HOUSE CATHY STEWART

• Submitted: Sat, September 13, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 13, 2008

• Reported By:ROCKY MOUNT North Carolina
PUBLISHER CLEARING HOUSE CATHY STEWART
2500 MCCLELLAN AVENUE PENNSAUKEN, New Jersey U.S.A.

PUBLISHER CLEARING HOUSE CATHY STEWART SENT ME A FRADULENT CHECK PENNSAUKEN New Jersey

I RECEIVE A LETTER IN THE MAIL STATING THAT I HAD WON THIRD PLACE IN 15,000,000 GRAND PRIZE DRAW, SPONSORED BY THE MARTHA STEWART LIVING AND THAT THEY ENCLOSED A CHECK FOR 5,090.00 FOR FEES NOT PAID BY PCH. AND BEFORE I DEPOSITED IT IN MY BANKING ACCOUNT PLEASE CONTACT MR. JEFFREY WEINSTEIN . I QUICKLY CALLED THE NUMBERS LISTED ON THE LETTER THAT WAS ENCLOSED WITH THE CHECK.

I LEFT A MESSAGE FOR HIM. BUT WANTED TO BE SURE BEFORE CASHING THE CHECK SO I CHECKED THE WINNING CIRCLE AT PCH IN WHICH MY NAME WASNT ON THE LIST, THEN I CALLED THE THAT WAS LISTED FOR THE IRS REPRESENTIVE WHICH TURNED TO BE A SPANISH CELLPHONE NUMBER. THATS WHEN I GOT I BEGAN TO THINK THAT IT WAS A SCAM. THEN I TALKED TO JEFFREY WEINSTEIN HE INSTRUCTED ME TO DEPOSIT THE CHECK IN MY BANKING ACCOUNT THE AND SEND HIM 3500.00 ASAP TO COVER THE FEES THAT PCH DIDNT COVER SO THE WOULD NOT DELAY ANY LONGER ON CLAIMING THE REST OF MY WINNINGS AND CALLED HIM ONCE I HAD THE MONEY AND HE WOULD TELL ME WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY.

BUT I QUICKLY LET HIM KNEW THAT IT WAS A SCAM AND THAT I WASNT SENDING HIM ANY MONEY AND THAT WAS CONTACTING THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICE. HE GOT VERY UPSET AND HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME. SO MY ADVICE IS TO BEWARE OF THE SCAMS THAT ARE GOING ON. ITS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE WOULD TAKE SOMEONE ELSE HARD EARNED MONEY.

Greeneyez
ROCKY MOUNT, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2008 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUBLISHER-CLEARING-HOUSE-CATHY-STEWART/PENNSAUKEN-New-Jersey-08109/PUBLISHER-CLEARING-HOUSE-CATHY-STEWART-SENT-ME-A-FRADULENT-CHECK-PENNSAUKEN-New-Jersey-372714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUBLISHER CLEARING HOUSE CATHY STEWART