Complaint Review: PUBLIX Supermarkets

• Submitted: Sat, March 31, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 02, 2007

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
PUBLIX Supermarkets
All Over Florida Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

PUBLIX Supermarkets PUBLIX where ripping you off and lowering quality is their Pleasure Ripoff Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: I have to agree!

*Consumer Comment: When Im in Florida I NEVER shop at Publix anymore !.

*Consumer Comment: I agree with Michael 100%!

Within the last 7 years PUBLIX has raised prices on EVERYTHING.At the same time lowering quality of employees and products they sell.The Deli food alone has gone DOWN to the point where it is JUNK FOOD at best.I could go on and on etc.The employees working at PUBLIX stores rarely know what they are doing and many do NOT even speak ENGLISH.For the wages they pay I guess they canNOT keep anyone good.It seems they only hire HAITIANS.I STOPPED doing business with PUBLIX.I only live in Florida part time.The stores in New Jersey(NOT Publix)are so much better in EVERY WAY!PUBLIX where NOT SHOPPING there is MY PLEASURE.

Michael
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2007 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUBLIX-Supermarkets/Boca-Raton-Florida-33486/PUBLIX-Supermarkets-PUBLIX-where-ripping-you-off-and-lowering-quality-is-their-Pleasure-Ri-241740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUBLIX Supermarkets

I have to agree!

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Publix is by far the biggest rip off in grocery stores today. When living in Georgia recently, Publix raised the prices of all its produce by 30% or more, yet did nothing to ensure quality. When I noticed they were charging $3.89 for a small 8 ounce bag of iceberg lettuce, whereas Walmart sold the same exact product for 98 cents, I never went back. Similarly, the seafood department is overpriced and the fish mealy and smelly, and the meat

The Publix I used to go to also took great pride in hiring retarded people. I assume they thought this made them look like an understanding, supportive company, offering jobs to those who might otherwise never get one. However, they did NOTHING to ensure that these retarded people knew how to behave while on the job nor how to do their job properly. This one retarded person in particular started screaming at me in this low gutteral voice when I had to re-bag all my groceries as he had put each item in an individual bag. Rather than carry 9 bags out the door I put everything in one bag and wished him a great day. He threw a fit and made quite a scene, as store management looked on doing nothing.

I have come to the conclusion that Publix is not only ripping off consumers as far as money goes, but also creates an unclean, obnoxious environment in which to shop.

When Im in Florida I NEVER shop at Publix anymore !.

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

The reason we never do business with Publix are for some of the reasons mentioned in the above posts.In my opinion the Publix deli food is not safe to eat.(My husband and I also actually got sick from the food????? at the Publix deli.)Friends have had similair experiences. The service at all of the Publix stores we patronized was poor at best.Yes the stores were dirty and the workers and managers looked worse than the stores. When we are in Florida we prefer the Walmart Supermarket.Walmart is no good either ,however we save about 40% off our bill.In Chicago we are fortunate,we do not have to shop at either.By the way do not even bother trying to call Publix consumer relations 1800-242-1227.(its a waste of your time).Publix is pathetic.I love Chicago!No Publix!

I agree with Michael 100%!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

One of many examples:Solocare Contact Lens Solution was sold at Publix for about 2 dollars,3 years ago.Now it is over 6 dollars.We recently purchased food from a PUBLIX deli and got ill the following day.I am actually shocked when I see an employee that speaks good English and at the same time knows what they are doing.I spoke to a manager at one of the stores and he agreed and said PUBLIX has gone so far downhill within the last few years,and that he would never go to the Publix Deli.The conditions at ALL the Publix stores are terrible.They are dirty,employees are unkempt and candidly I do not feel safe knowing (their type of employee)handle food.I no longer shop at Publix.(None of my freinds shop their either)Publix used to be good.I agree!RIPPING YOU OFF IS PUBLIXs PLEASURE!