Complaint Review: PUREBRED BREEDERS LLC

• Reported By: Kristin — Campbell California United States of America
PUREBRED BREEDERS LLC

PUREBRED BREEDERS LLC Sold me a sick puppy, Internet

*Author of original report: Puppy Ended Up Dying

I'm really saddened that I have to post something like this about my puppy.  I received my puppy from Purebred Breeders about ten months ago.  He arrived (from Alabama - huh??) with kennel cough which should have been my first sign.  Within six months, the puppy sold to me by this company stopped walking on his back two legs.  It turns out after many vet and surgeon appointments that he has a genetic disorder with his two back legs that involve the kneecaps to be displaced; therefore, he needed intensive surgery requiring a 3 month recovery period (no walking).  After 4 months of bonding and loving this little guy, I was devistated that the this was happening to him, not to mention the stress of vet bills piling up.  This surgery will cost roughly $4,500 and that's not even including the physical therapy payments (not to mention the time off work).

I decided to buy my puppy from this company because I needed a purebred poodle due to allergies and the website guaranteed the health of the dog.  It had seemed like Purebred Breeders completed a thorough screening of all breeders.  This apparently was not the case in this situation.  What does my health guarantee promise me in this situation?  They told me they would give me a new dog if I would put down the one they sent me.  Do they think a dog is like a purse?  There was no way I was giving him up - he was already part of the family.  That comment just made me sick.  Purepred Breeders is a SCAM.  I tried to make sure that that this breeder would not sell another dog (put her out of business) but I'm postive she's still selling her dogs on this website.   As you can tell, I'm really upset that all this has happened with my little guy.

At the end of all this, the breeder herself ended up calling me and offered to pay $800 for "my troubles". $800 doesn't touch my medical bills.   Nor does it negate the fact that this company is selling sick dogs.  This company needs to be stopped.   They are liars, scammers, and cheaters and are a broker for puppy mills. I learned my lesson big time.  I'm hoping this message helps other people out when trying to find a great addition to your family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2011 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUREBRED-BREEDERS-LLC/internet/PUREBRED-BREEDERS-LLC-Sold-me-a-sick-puppy-Internet-699609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUREBRED BREEDERS LLC

Puppy Ended Up Dying

AUTHOR: Kristin - (United States of America)

In a follow up to my original report...

A week ago, November 3rd, 2012, my poodle, died of a heart attack. He was not even 3 years old.  As you can imagine, this has destroyed myself and my family.  He was our child. I'm furious and crushed that something like this happened.  We had nothing but problems with this puppy from the beginning (all genetic related) including two knee surgeries due to stage 4 luxation (costing $5,000) and numerous infections throughout the years (eye, ears, skin, hairloss).

Purebred Breeders sold me this dog and needs to be taken out of business I've seen many reports online claiming the same thing - many many sick dogs.  My dog was clearly from a puppymill.  I will personally make this my mission to make sure this breeder goes out of business and is not able to breed dogs.  They are buying heartbreak and I personally, will not stand for it.  I will not let any other families have to go through this.  Please make sure you spread the word and don't buy from this company.