Complaint Review: PUblic Storage.

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Las Cruces New Mexico
PUblic Storage.
1159 N Columbus Blvd Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

PUblic Storage. Security non-existance, inside theives Tucson Arizona

Last November we stored some stuff in Public Storage. We were going to Missouri, but my father lives in Tucson, four blocks from the facility. At the time we rented it we gave instructions to the manager that if there were any problems with payment to call the phone number listed on the account. It was my Dad's cell phone since he lived so close.

Well, apparently the employees are illiterate and don't know how to use the phone. The unit was not auctioned, but went to the point that they inventoried my goods and put their lock on it. Well, low and behold some of my electronic items disappeared. Now, I grew up in a family, where my father owned his own industrial real estate corp. I have also worked in property management on and off for 30 years. So, when I discovered my things missing I started asking for things like security logs, key control policy and key access by the employees, the number of employees terminated for theft in the Tucson area in the past 36 months, etc. Anything I could think of being 45 years old and having been a property manager myself.

Well, apparently no one at Public Storage has above a sixth grade English comprehension level. They acted like I was speaking Chinese.

But, in interrogating everyone up to the regional manager I got enough people to slip up enough times and caught them in enough lies to put together that, yes, they do have the information I'm asking for, but they just pretend not to.

Due to their policies and their attempt to distance themselves from any liability whatsoever, I assume they are familiar with the terms negligence and gross negligence.

Now here's the real fun part. Since I have had made numerous attempts and emails to get the exact titles, names and business address as far up the line as I've been and they've refused to give me the information, my next step (since I'm filing a complaint in small claims court) is to subpoena the President, VP and CEO and it's operating offices since they are the only people that I can find that publicly list their full names, titles and business addresses. Plus I have to subpoena all of the records, security logs, video tape, key custody logs, employee records of termination for theft in the area, etc.

The real nice thing about this is that all of my court filings can be done on line and are fairly cheap. Is to go to small claims court to recoup the maximum amount allowed in Arizona which is $2500.

The only way I know to win anything from public storage worth the value of what they've put us through is to make them spend as much money as possible. I'm sure all the operating officers have a rider in their employment contracts that makes it mandatory that they use private jets for business transportation. What does it cost to fly a Golf Stream for two hours?

Anyone else in the Tucson area that has had this problem I am more than happy to share any information that I obtain.

Also, to any legal representatives considering filing a class action suit against this corporation please contact me before my docket date.

To any Public Storage employee, because it is apparent that Public Storage monitors this web site, any statement you make regarding my compliant here on this site will be used in a Court of Law as official policy statements of your Corporation.

Las Cruces, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PUblic-Storage/Tucson-Arizona-85711/PUblic-Storage-Security-non-existance-inside-theives-Tucson-Arizona-472419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PUblic Storage.