Complaint Review: Pace Auctions

• Submitted: Tue, April 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Pace Auctions
794 Lee Street Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Pace Auctions Running Illegal Auctions Des Plaines Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Pace Auction does not run Illegal Auctions

*Consumer Comment: Positive Shopping Experience

*Consumer Comment: Pace Auctions; "The Most Fun One can have with Ones Clothes On"!

I got burned bad at Pace Auctions. Shill bidding is rampant and rigged. If you watch more than one auction, you will see a pattern of bidders dropping out and letting a new bidder win. Wholesale chinese imports are auctioned as an antique. A stained glass lamp went for over $150 and the gold Made in China tag was one the bottom. Back of the auction house is loaded with fakes, reproductions, knock offs, etc. While many items are quality antiques, Jim Pace runs a swindle operation. It took a few visits for me to figure this out but I'll never go back and hope no one else does. Judging from the comments I have gotten from others on the internet, locals have become wise to his tricks. Stay away. I can't believe no one has contacted the Attorney General. This is a scam!

Poorer
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2008 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pace-Auctions/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60016/Pace-Auctions-Running-Illegal-Auctions-Des-Plaines-Illinois-324609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pace Auctions

Pace Auction does not run Illegal Auctions

AUTHOR: Honest Karma - (USA)

Pace Auction does not run Illegal Auctions, they are completely legal and I am assuming that the last guy, stating they are illegal has never actually been there considering there is NO "Jim Pace" and everything in the business is stamped with the owners name so right there i smell a big fat liar! The back room is not filled with with fakes, reproductions, knock offs, etc as reported but rather there holding area for new items that just came in. Pace Auctions is a very honest company, if what you are trying to sell is junk, he will let you know, if what your selling is one of a kind, he will tell you.

The auctions are won fair and square, yes repeat bidders are constantly there but is Pace Auction to blame for having dedicated and happy costomers, NO!

Bottom line, if you want to assume without actually knowing, by all means do, but dont go to the internet looking to slam a hard working individual and company when you have obvisously never been there and dont know much or anything at all about the company, not even the owners name.

Positive Shopping Experience

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I had a very different experience shopping at Pace Antiques & Auctions. The owner, David Pace, was totally upfront and honest. Even when I did not ask if items were originals, he voluntarily would say if they were replicas or reproductions.

I also saw some items with gold made in China stickers. I assume they were left on the items to show their origin. I understand that Pace sometimes buys items from consumers, so I would assume they have all different kinds of items, new, old, original, replicas, some with sticker and some without.

Most importantly, their website states they sell reproductions as well as original antiques and gift items, and items are returnable, so your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.

have some lovely things I purchased there, and have been very satisfied with my purchases and shopping experience.

Pace Auctions; "The Most Fun One can have with Ones Clothes On"!

AUTHOR: Deebee - (U.S.A.)

My wife and i have been going to Pace auctions for years and have NEVER been ripped off! We are adults that spend our money the way we want and we have spent thousands of Dollars at Pace and have had a ball doing it! David Pace is worth 5 times the price of admission, but there is no admission! It's really sad that the U.S.A. is going the way it is, where no fun can be had any more because of the letigation against every ONE and every THING. I.E. Parks have removed their playground apparatuses because lawsuits have insued; Swimming pools have removed the diving boards for the same reason. My point is, we went to Pace mostly for the pure joy of the event. These auction events are far and few between now days. Yes, we also went to purchase Antiques and non-antiques alike. David Pace tells you at the beginning of every auction that these items are AS IS and shown, with no guarantee; (Like life). Yes there are Chinese repos, but they are sold so cheaply, that I really dont know how Pace makes a go of the whole operation. My wife and I have never seen a reproduction sell for big money. I also know that David Pace would not rip any one off on purpose! He will in fact take anything back that ones not happy with. Our house is full of great antiques that we have purchased at Pace Auctions, and every one that visits our house will attest to this fact. I just hope and Pray that the thousands of "Happy" Pace customers will come to fore and give David Pace the praise He/It deserves, so that Pace will be in business for a Long time to come! Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Donald Brown. (And No, We are Not related to David Pace); But we wish we were! P.S. Anyone that wants to contact me about the "Great"/ Pace Auctions may email me at: (((ROR redacted)))