Complaint Review: Pace Butler Corporation

*Consumer Comment: They do charity also

*Consumer Comment: At least got something

*Consumer Comment: Happy

*UPDATE Employee: cell phone shipment to PaceButler

I wanted to see if this would be a good "fundraiser" for a non-profit I am involved in as Pace Butler advertises, so I sent an old  working cell phone with no visible damage (other than scratches from use)  to Pace Butler and they sent me no money at all. Instead, I received a form letter stating that there was "housing damage" and that the phone was "recycled". They have been unresponsive, and judging by the other complaints I read, this is to be expected. I was uneasy to begin with and I am kicking myself for not following my instincts.  I delayed sending it after I contacted them becuase I needed to transfer the data to my new phone. Meanwhile, they kept calling me to make sure I was sending the phone. Not once did someone ask me if it was working and/or in good condition -  they just seemed eager to receive it. Makes you wonder why they are so eager  to receive it and spend money on shipping if they will just end up "recycling it. I could have donated it to our local woman's shelter where it would have been used. I think these phones are worth more to Pace Butler than they lead us to believe or they wouldn't spend money on shipping without first determining of the phone is worthwhile to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2010 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pace-Butler-Corporation/EDMOND-Oklahoma-73013/Pace-Butler-Corporation-Pace-Butler-is-deceptive-and-a-scam-EDMOND-Oklahoma-668565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pace Butler Corporation

Good experience

AUTHOR: david - (United States of America)

I had a  good experience with pace butler . I had sent 3 very old phones which were not working at all. I was not expecting anything in return but got something out of them.

They do charity also

AUTHOR: steve - (United States of America)

I had dealt with the same problem when my working phones were recycled by these guyz but after some time i came to know that they are donating an educational book for every phone which is great .

At least got something

AUTHOR: samantha - (United States of America)

I actually wanted to see whether I would receive anything from these guys for my old phone . So I sent a phone which was in a bad shape ie it was nearly crap.Interestingly I got something for that phone.

Happy

AUTHOR: jonathan - (United States of America)

i Sent 7 phones to pace butler which were in working condition.got money for 5 phones only. rest were recycled. as they told me that the phones were in non working state.

cell phone shipment to PaceButler

AUTHOR: David - (United States of America)

Hello my name is David with PaceButler Corporation. I recently took over the customer service department. We are trying to improve systems and procedures. I am contacting you in hopes of gaining feedback and to resolve anything I can for you. If you are so inclined I would love the oportunity to speak with you about your experience and help an any way I can. I look forward to the opportunity. I can be reached at (405)755-3131. Thank you.