Complaint Review: Pace Financial Management

• Updated: Tue, October 16, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Sheffield Other United Kingdom
Pace Financial Management
200 Ridgeway Road, Sheffield. UK Internet United States of America

Pace Financial Management Paul Armitage These people portray themselves as businessmen, but they are nothing more than con merchants who prey on the vulnerable. Sheffield, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Homosexual advances

*UPDATE Employee: Paul - Give Me A Call And We Can Work This Out

I am a single parent who is working hard in two different jobs to try and make ends meet and things have always been tight since my wife walked out on me some years ago. I work hard to bring up my 3 young children in these trying times and in difficult circumstances.

About 3 years ago I was talking with a friend of mine and I told him that I would love to own my own home, but I did not think that I ever could. He told me to contact a company called Pace Financial Management in Sheffield and in particular he told me to speak with either Paul Armitage, Brian Smith or Huw Evans who were the owners of this business.

I called them and I went in to meet with Paul Armitage and I outlined my case. I told him of my plight and I asked if he could help me. He told me that I would need to save up 750 in cash to pay him and his team and that if I paid his fee, he would arrange to make a mortgage application using false documents and declarations. [continued below]....
.....

I thought long and hard about this, I knew it was wrong really but I was desperate to get on the property ladder. I saved up every penny I could and after 7 months I had the 750 and I met this time with Paul Armitage and a man called Brian Smith. To my surprise, they told me that the price had gone up and that it would cost me another 750 now. They said that this type of activity had become more risky as something had happened in their business but they did not tell me any more.

I went back to my friend and told him of my situation and he agreed to lend me the remaining 750. I arranged a visit with Paul Armitage and Brian Smith and I handed over the whole 1,500 which was all that I had in the world.

Paul Armitage called me a week later and I went back in and they showed me the new false documents that they had obtained for me. They told me that they had the Police operating in their office at the moment and that they had to be careful and they also told me that if this was picked up by anyone - they would deny all knowledge of any aspect of the case.

Anyway, I was asked to sign some forms and told that things would happen in the coming few weeks. I even agreed to go out for a drink with Paul Armitage as he seemed like a very likeable person.

During the course of the evening, Paul Armitage began to boast that he had learned how to get people into trouble and that no-one every messed with him. He boasted that he could get away with any crime that he wanted to as he had the police in his pocket. He hinted that he had had a fourth business associate who he was in the process of getting sent to prison by falsely claiming that this person had been committing fraudulent acts. He laughed and told me that it was him and his associate Brian Smith who had been breaking the law - this story was so fantastic, I did not know whether I should believe it or not.

During this drinking session, we were out for several hours and I became rather drunk - as I do not often drink as I am looking after my children normally. That evening, Paul Armitage made advances towards me of a homosexual nature and I resisted his approaches. He told me that if I agreed to have sex with him, that he would give me a 100 back from what I had paid. I am not a homosexual but 100 is a lot of money to me and so I agreed and Paul Armitage had sex with me in his posh car. It was horrible and I was so ashamed of myself.

I called him at his office the next day and I wanted to tell him that I was disgusted with myself and also with his standards of professionalism but he would not talk to me. After repeated phone calles on his mobile phone, he told me in a very acid tone that if I mentioned this to anyone - he would ask some of his friends to terrorise me and my children as he had my address. He also told me that he was not now going to forward my mortgage application and that he had shredded all of the material.

He also told me that during the police investigation which was ongoing with his business, he had become personally very good friends with the police officer and that one word from him would result in a police visit and a report for harrassment.

I was beside myself, through no fault of my own, this man had taken over 1,400 of my money, left me with a debt to my friend of 750 and he had performed depraved acts of homosexuality with me.

I have not been able to get him to answer his phone since he delivered his spine chilling message and I have nothing to show for the cash that I have given them.

Mr Armitage and Mr Smith - I hope you all rot in hell. I have not met their other business owner Huw Evans, but I wonder if this man is the same as the other two. They prey on vulnerable people for both financial gain and for sexual gratification and I can see the day when the authorities close this business down. You are scam artists and I hope your wife finds out that you are a homosexual Armitage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2010 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pace-Financial-Management/internet/Pace-Financial-Management-Paul-Armitage-These-people-portray-themselves-as-businessmen-bu-577818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pace Financial Management

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Homosexual advances

AUTHOR: Les - (United Kingdom)

I have known this man For a number of years as both a client and a friend. I cannot understand how the anonymous client, Paul, did not enjoy the homosexual advances made by mr Armitage.you say that 20 per cent of the mortgages were greased up, but the best greasing up was done in the back of his posh car. How can he say that he was disgusted by this act when all I have ever received is pleasure.

Lord Harrison

Paul - Give Me A Call And We Can Work This Out

AUTHOR: Rotherham4TheCup - (United Kingdom)

Hello Paul

I have just come across your report and I had no idea about Paul Armitage and his homosexual tendencies.

My name is Brian Smith and I know you - we have met a few times but please understand that I had no knowledge of the incident you outlined regarding Paul Armitage making homosexual advances towards you - I am a bit embarased and I will have to think about what I should do about that - but that is my problem.

Please do not leave any more comments about Pace Financial Management here - this is not the forum for it. We have had enough trouble of late and we do not want the Police or the authorities opening up another line of enquiry - it could finish us as a company.

When Paul Armitage and I arranged for the false declaration and tax documents/payslips for your mortgage, it was because we were trying to help you. We are taking a huge risk by doing this and so that is why we charged you 1500 to do it. That said, we still do now wish to draw attention to this sort of action - we could get into huge trouble.

As we have said to you before, the majority of the mortgages we have arranged have been properly done - less that 20% of them have had to be greased through in this way so please do not think that we are crooks.

I have tried to call your mobile but there is no answer - so please give me a call - you have my business card and I will be happy to take your call.

I am sure that we can get you some more documents, even if Paul Armitage has shredded the other ones. So, please do not make any more comments about what has been happening - it wont help anyone.

I look forward to receiving your call soon.

Up the Owls (I know you support Sheff Wed).

Brian Smith