Complaint Review: Pacific Bell and American Agencies

• Submitted: Tue, December 03, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 23, 2003

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Pacific Bell and American Agencies
www.pacificbell.com Torrance, California U.S.A.

Pacific Bell & American Agencies ripoff & extortion Torrance California

*UPDATE Employee: little confused

After I asked Pacific Bell to turn off my account before i moved to utah, they did NOT.

My tenants used the phone. I called Pacific Bell Numerous times to say i should not have to pay for 3 extra months of phone bills when i specifically asked them to turn it off at a set date. I can prove i no longer lived at that address after the requested turn-off date.

They would not work with me.

2 years later i saw them on my credit report, decided i would try to work with them again. No one would listen. They say my account is accruing late fees on a daily basis. I thought collection agencies weren't legally allowed to charge late payments on debt that they bought. They specifically said they bought the debt. I digress.

I was first charged 800. This was way too much. I have been willing to pay a fraction to make it go away for a while. They will not settle, but will only allow full payment of this account, which is now 1100. THIS IS PURE EXTORTION!! My credit is screwed because of them, and even though i'm willing to pay a portion of this exorbitant unfair amount, they have to bleed me for every drop.

I can't begrudge American Agencies, they do Pac Bell's bidding. But i think the whole thing is a big racket and i can't help but feel completely violated.

Eric
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2002 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Bell-and-American-Agencies/Torrance-California/Pacific-Bell-American-Agencies-ripoff-extortion-Torrance-California-37028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Bell and American Agencies

little confused

AUTHOR: she she - (U.S.A.)

Dear customer, as an sbc employee service rep im a little confused with this story if you requested to have the service disconnected you should have gotten an confirmation number,second if you requested to have the service disconnected there would have been notes we hold notes in our systems for over a 7year period of time,and third you should have spoke to a manager it is the customer responsibilty to make sure he gets a confirmation number and letter t advise him of his service being shut down as a rep i have ran into this several times and were the customer has never called i just believe you need to call and speak to a supervisor to clear the matter up and good luck to you as long as there are notes to support what your saying you should be entitled to a credit

inventory