Complaint Review: Pacific Coast Mitigation

• Updated: Mon, June 17, 2013

• Reported By: stacie — Applegate California
Pacific Coast Mitigation
1820 E. Garry Ave ste 107 santa ana, California USA

Pacific Coast Mitigation Harassing Debt Collectors who won't even let you get a word in and who call you a liar without any real information santa ana California

I had a bad debt with US Bank 7 years ago. 3 years ago I finally settled it with a debt collection company. They gave me paperwork showing they owned the debt and that it was paid in full. They took it off my credit report. Everything was good until a year later another company called saying they now owned my debt. I explained the situation and faxed him everything I had and the gentleman was so nice and took it off my credit report. Then the same thing happened 6 months later, and again 6 months later. Then I went a while with nothing and thought it was completely taken care of.

Then this company contacted my parents and told them they had been trying to get a hold of me for some time. My dad refused to give them any information even though he said he was going to come serve me at my house and stated my correct address. But because I thought it was just another company buying bad debt, I figured I'd call and get it taken care of. That was my first mistake. The guy spoke over me the whole time. When I tried to tell him I had proof that the company that I paid did in fact own that debt and that I had proof I had paid it, he told me he didn't care because I had gotten scammed. I asked him which company he worked for, he refused to tell me. I asked him for a first name, and he said all I needed to know was that his name was Mr. Lofpon, though I found another report on here that says Laughlin, so I honestly don't know if I heard him wrong or if he told me a fictitious name. I told him that he could send me proof then that he did in fact own the debt and he told me that he didn't have the correct address. I told him he did have it and he said the address he had is a fake. That's when I hung up on him.

I then proceeded to contact US Bank, who he said he bought the debt from, and they said they had never heard of him, that he was probably a scam artist, (I still have the email from them that says not to deal with them because it's probably a scam), and they told me that they are showing the paid in full letter that I sent to them.

Flash forward a month, and another company contacts me. They say they are from a law firm, because that's what they always say. It's a woman this time. I call back and leave a message stating the same thing I have told everyone else and who calls me back? Mr Lofpon, the same guy I spoke to before. He then told me I never spoke to US Bank because they sold the debt to him in March and put me on a conference call with US Bank Recovery supposedly. I honestly don't know if it was real or not, but the lady I spoke to said she also had not heard of him and that they had sold the debt to this other company who he then says he bought the debt from. I reminded him he had told me he bought the debt from US Bank and that it was them coming after me and he said that didn't matter. Also, it was only when he was supposedly talking to the US Bank people that he said his company name.

So then I call this other company and we go through like 5 different numbers, before we get to him again and he says, "See, I told you I owned this debt." And I told him, I don't care if you own it now, because it's a bad debt, it's been paid off. He said it's my bad for paying someone who didn't really own it, though remember I have paperwork that says they owned it that he doesn't want to see, and that he's going to sue me. I said go ahead. Now my whole day is shot because of having to deal with this lying jerk! I still haven't received anything in the mail stating he owns this debt.

So I'm going to contact an attorney and I'm inviting anyone else who has had to deal with these poor dealings with these people to jump on board. I've also downloaded the tape-a-call app so that the next time he calls I can record it. Since we live in the state of california, we have to legally inform people when they are being recorded so don't forget to do that if you are thinking of doing the same thing, before they say anything you have to tell them they are being recorded and what you might use it for I think. I just want proof that they are completely breaking the law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2013 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Coast-Mitigation/santa-ana-California/Pacific-Coast-Mitigation-Harassing-Debt-Collectors-who-wont-even-let-you-get-a-word-in-1059746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Coast Mitigation