Complaint Review: Pacific Equipment

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Vidor Texas United States of America
Pacific Equipment
18 New Circle Road Travelers Rest, South Carolina United States of America

Pacific Equipment Titan Industrial Same Scam as Titan Industrial Travelers Rest, South Carolina

I am in the portable equipment sales and service business.  One afternoon a pickup truck shows up full of brand new portable generators, compressors and pressure washers.  Two guys get out and say they are drivers for Pacific Equipment and they were on their way back from a trade exhibition in Houston, Tx.  I am located about 100 miles east of Houston.  Since I'm in the business I asked which one ?  They did not answer and just went on talking about the deal they wanted to give me.  They wanted to sell me the truck load of equipment for the price of one of the diesel generators, about $6,700.00.  One guy told me that their boss wanted them to sell everything on the truck to avoid shipping back to the factory.  They even showed me an invoice that totaled over $10,000.00 for the lot.  I have over 35 years experience repairing generators and could tell they were cheap "Made In China" generators.  I didn't think it was a good deal and had a gut feeling that they were not being honest.  They gave their contact information and went on their way.  I did a little research on the internet and found that Pacific Equipment is the same company as Titan Industrial and somehow American Fab Inc showed up in the bunch.  I read the posts here on Ripoff Report.com and found that my gut feeling was right.  I am too trustworthy of people in general, because I have purchased parts from American Fab to fix a Titan generator for one of my customers.  I even signed up to be a service center this past summer.  I asked at the time if I could be a dealer to sell their generators and they said they would have to ask the owner, I never heard back from anyone about a dealership.  I thought that was odd at the time.  I have concluded that American Fab Inc is recruiting sales people and training them with the same old sales pitch working under different manufacture names in order to sell their product.  I will be ending what ever business agreements I have with American Fab Inc first thing in the morning.

I am including the internet links about these companies:

Titan Industrial:  http://titanindustrial.net/contactus.html

Pacific Equipment: http://pacificpowerequip.com/ContactUs.asp

American Fab Inc:  http://www.americanfabinc.com/contactus.php

Ripoff Reports:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/titan%20industrial.aspx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Equipment/Travelers-Rest-South-Carolina-29690/Pacific-Equipment-Titan-Industrial-Same-Scam-as-Titan-Industrial-Travelers-Rest-South-Car-969311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Equipment