Complaint Review: Pacific Home Remodeling

• Updated: Sat, June 15, 2013

• Reported By: Kristy L — San Diego California
Pacific Home Remodeling
6875 Nancy Ridge Drive San Diego, California USA

Pacific Home Remodeling / HomeStar Builders Scam! Do not let these people into your home!! San Diego California

We had Hector sell us a set of french doors on April 25th. Among the many promises he gave: our price is set in stone, installers would be company employees that specialize in doors, he will be with us every step of the way, installation is a quick process.

After measurements are taken, we're told the price has to increase by $1700 due to the extensive work involved.

May 17: Installers arrive on time, though they are contracted which was admitted to me later. A "third party" arrives to make sure my 30 minutes has gone by smoothly and gives me a survey. He promised to call and answer questions I had and that he would return throughout the process.

May 20: I call office to ask about the city's inspection for the required permit, I request an inspect after 12:30.

May 21: I return home early at 12 to find inspector about to leave. He found many major deficiencies to be corrected.

May 22: Installers are supposed to return to fix deficiencies, but never show.

May 23: Inspector unexpectedly shows up, company forgot to cancel his re-inspect. He finds more issues to have corrected. May 27: PHR gives me a window of 9-10 for installers, they show up at 2:30 and I turn them away.

June 3-4: Installers correct issues.

June 7: Inspector shows unexpectedly. I schedule completion at my earliest availability. I later receive a call from Chris who thinks I should alter my busy schedule for PHR's convenience, they have a more important project that day.

June 14: final install, PHR gives time of 10-11, they show up at 8. I repeatedly called to request a PHR employee to come speak to me about these issues. Hector calls and deflects my concerns. I call Chris, who eventually gets me to stop complaining by having a manager come to my house at 2 June 15.

June 15: No manager, no call, no surprise really.I have attempted to talk to these people, but they are in no way concerned.

Four weeks of door installation, with no compensation, or an explaination as to why I didn't matter. It's a terrible work ethic that should not be accepted. I hope to see these people out of business soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Home-Remodeling/San-Diego-California-92121/Pacific-Home-Remodeling-HomeStar-Builders-Scam-Do-not-let-these-people-into-your-home-1059462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Home Remodeling