Complaint Review: Pacific Home Remodeling

• Submitted: Tue, August 31, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 31, 2010

• Reported By: Laura D. — San Diego California United States of America
Pacific Home Remodeling

Pacific Home Remodeling Sales tactics are dishonest and insulting to consumers with a brain! Internet

Pacific Home Remodeling uses high pressure sales tactics that did nothing but convince me that this company I would NEVER work with.

We were offered a free estimate for a solar power system and told the price would be good for 18 months. After sitting through a 2-1/2 hour sales pitch, my husband and I were given no written quote and not even a business card.  The price we were given verbally seemed surprisingly high.  When we said we had to give the proposal some thought, the sales rep continued to pressure us to sign a contract on the spot. First alarm bell rings...

Five minutes later, the sales rep returns to our door and says they can lower the price around 10%.  Second alarm bell rings...

A day or two later, we get a call from "the district manager" who says he wants to meet with us to give us a better price, which will be good for one year.  My husband agrees to the meeting, making it very clear once again that we will not make any decisions at the meeting.  At the appointed time, a different sales rep shows up; not any type of manager.  He was not prepared to give us any written quote but does give us a verbal estimate that was $4000 OVER the original estimate.  He was shown to the door quickly.

These are exactly the kind of sales tactics that leave a bad taste in my mouth.  I would never trust a company with this approach to ever live up to any promise, and they will never work on my property!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Home-Remodeling/internet/Pacific-Home-Remodeling-Sales-tactics-are-dishonest-and-insulting-to-consumers-with-a-bra-636016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Home Remodeling