Complaint Review: Pacific Liberty Group

• Submitted: Mon, October 11, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 11, 2004

• Reported By:Bessemer Alabama
Pacific Liberty Group
406 Suburban Dr. Ste 109 Newar, Delaware U.S.A.

Pacific Liberty Group rip-off! Newar Delaware *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

I was contacted at my employment by this company to inform me that I had gotten approved for a credit card. Well at first I did not believe it but by the time that I had gotten off the phone with them I was in belief. They informed me that all I had to pay was a one time yearly fee of $279.00 to get my card and that was it. So I gave them my account number and they received the funds out of my debit account on or about the 5 day of March 2004. Well as time went by I noticed that I had not received my card yet.

I contacted them and they inform me that my information has been sent to abank and they were waiting on the banks response. That was basically the end of that conversation. Well May, June, July and August went by and I noticed that I still have not received my card. In the month of June, I asked could I received my money back and just cancelled the whole thing they inform me of NO. I asked why and they told me that they do not do cancellations. I told them that considering the fact that I have not gotten my card yet, then it should not make a big of a deal. The young lady at the customer service desk got smart with me and started to raise her voice.

After that I tried to find legal help, but was not able. When I called back to the company in August they informed me that they had gotten the responses from the bank and was waiting on them to send a letter out. I said okay. Well two weeks after that I tried to call and the phone number was disconnected or was not in service anymore. I've tried and tried and tried but I still end up with nothing. All I want to know is if I got the card or if they could refund me the $279.00 money they took outof my account. Please contact me at your earliest convience.

La costa
Bessemer, Alabama

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2004 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Liberty-Group/Newar-Delaware-19711/Pacific-Liberty-Group-rip-off-Newar-Delaware-EDitors-Suggestions-on-how-to-get-your-mon-112382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Liberty Group