unexpected

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2004

• Reported By:Pacific Missouri
Pacific Liberty
406 Suburban Dr Suite 109 Newark,, Delaware U.S.A.

Pacific Liberty credit card ripoff Newark Delaware

In June Pacific Liberty contacted me with an offer for an unsecured credit card with a limit of 2500. All the annual fees, insurance and ect would be paid up front for a one time fee of $ 229.00 Sabrina #3173 transferred me to a manager by the name of Steve and he verified all my information. He gave me a contract number of 14578. He stated that I would be receiving my packet within the next two weeks. (my visa credit card and a free satellite system) This date was June 12, 2003.
After four weeks I called and was informed that I was misinformed, it takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks for my packet to arrive.

When I finally received my packet it was July 29, 2003. Not only did it take so long, it wasn't what I was told by Sabrina and Steve on the phone. I received a packet of a bunch of papers for a merchant card, Fast Loans a cash and check card, medical and prescription program, order forms for your catalog, forms for free security system, forms for free disk hook up, forms for a free cell phone, forms for a hotel in Cancun and a form for a Stored Value Payroll MasterCard. (Not a credit card.)
I followed the instructions inside the packet for my refund.

I called the company and was told I would be receiving the information in the mail within two weeks. After two week I called and left numerous messages for the company to contact me. Nothing. Finally on July 19, 2003 when I called I made it through to a live person. After speaking to the woman on the phone expressing my concerns I asked to speak to a supervisor. She transferred me to Victoria. Victoria was very rude.

She told me because I was out of state I was not entitle to a refund. I read her the return policy in the packet I received. She then wanted the name of who signed for the package I returned. I informed her that it would take me approximately 15 minutes to get that information for her and she insisted on holding. After about 10 minutes she hung up on me. I tried calling back and who ever answered the phone hung up on me at least five times. Every time I have tried calling I have left a message and no one has returned my calls.

I am entitled to a refund under their Right to cancellation and refund policy.

I have filed with the BBB, sent letters to police stations, Attorneys General office, complaint after complaint after complaint.

And still nothing!

Kathryn
Pacific, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2004 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Liberty/Newark-Delaware-19711/Pacific-Liberty-credit-card-ripoff-Newark-Delaware-80851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Liberty