Complaint Review: Pacific Web Works - PWE Auctions

• Submitted: Mon, August 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 26, 2008

• Reported By:Port Matilda Pennsylvania
Pacific Web Works - PWE Auctions
230 West 400 South 1st Floor Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Pacific Web Works - PWE Auctions Flat-out stole from my bank account Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Learn to read

I purchased something from an "eAuctions" promotion for $1.95 on 8/4/08. There was no mention of any other charges or fees. The $1.95 was supposedly for an eBay auction tool (which was a piece of junk, it didn't do anything at all, it wasn't even worth the dollar ninety-five).

On 8/20/08, I was surprised to see a charge of 59.90 applied to my credit card from the same company, a charge that I had not been aware of, let alone authorized. I'm super strapped for cash right now, and I'm having difficulty getting money together to pay for rent and food and whatnot. I sell on eBay to make ends meet, and I thought that the auction tool could help me increase my profits, but it ended up robbing me instead. In times like these, sixty dollars is like a million dollars to me and I'm incredibly upset.

I will be calling this company tomorrow, and if they will not refund my money, I will call my bank and come at them with whatever I can in full force. Scamming people like this, people who are obviously desperate enough to be looking for promotional offers through "paid" surveys on the internet, is just horribly wrong and I won't stand for it. I STRONGLY encourage anyone else out there who has been scammed by this company to do any and everything possible to stop them and the wrong they're doing to so many people everywhere.

This is STEALING. Stealing, robbery, theft- it is all ILLEGAL. Taking something that does not belong to you or was not given to you willingly is STEALING. These people are stealing from us and it is WRONG. I hope that everyone they have scammed files claims for fraud and we can stop this.

Liz
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2008 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Web-Works-PWE-Auctions/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Pacific-Web-Works-PWE-Auctions-Flat-out-stole-from-my-bank-account-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-366875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Web Works - PWE Auctions

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Learn to read

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Like every other survey line, if you don't cancel the membership you just signed up for you will get charged. Learn to read the terms and conditions.