Complaint Review: Pacific Web Works ,SEO Supervisor

• Submitted: Fri, May 29, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 29, 2009

• Reported By:Knightdale North Carolina
Pacific Web Works ,SEO Supervisor
230 West 400 So 1st Floor Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Pacific Web Works ,SEO Supervisor rip off, misleading, scam artisits Salt Lake City Utah

*NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.

I ordered a do it yourself kit, which I thought was specificaly from Google, for $1.95. I read the terms and conditions and gave them credit card info. I got the confirmation e-mail from Google to start setting up my adsense. I never got the thing up and running, so I left it alone. I even got the help video to help me get started.

A week later, I am looking at my card statement and there is a charge for $69.95. Where did that come from. I investigated and found that this company Reg.Net charged me for software that I do not even have. I asked to speak with someone about a refund, and they gave me a number to Pacific Web Works. After trying to call them for 15 minutes due to a busy line, I finally spoke to someone. She explained that they were an affiliat of Google and that I ordered the kit with the understanding that it would be a 7 day trial basis. (none of the this was apart of the terms and condition) If you do not cancel within the 7 days, you will be billed and additional $69.95. Since I did not cancel, I was billed $69.95. I told her I did not have the software never even got my page set up. She stated it was sent to me by e-mail. Bull*&%$! Never recieved and e-mail on software. After 5 minutes, she stated that they would be sending me a partial refund of $35.00 because I was able to register with Google. What sense does that make. I called Google and the first thing the representative asked me, was if I had been charged more than $1.95. When I told her yes she said that I should call the company back because they do not go beyond the $1.95 kit. Anything after that is the other companies doing.

Knightdale, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2009 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Web-Works-SEO-Supervisor/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Pacific-Web-Works-SEO-Supervisor-rip-off-misleading-scam-artisits-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-456525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Web Works ,SEO Supervisor