Complaint Review: Pacific Webworks, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, June 26, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Hartford Connecticut
Pacific Webworks, Inc
180 South 300 West, Suite 400 Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Pacific Webworks, Inc., IP Eauction, FW Eauction avoid this scam, report the company to your local consumer protection department Salt Lake City Utah

I had my credit card information stolen by someone with an email address of robineters@gmail.com. This person made several online purchases using hte stolen crdit card. One of them was with the Pacific Webworks company.

Pacific Webworks billed my creidt card $4.95 one month and then $49.90 the next month. After I caught the fraud, I contacted the company. A person named Brad assured me that my credit card would be credited for the two charges. That never happened.

My credit card company contacted Pacific Webworks. Pacific Webworks told my credit card company that I had signed a contract and would not get a refund. I never signed any contract.

I then called the company. A representative said that they were going to issue me a refund, but because I "escalated" the matter by getting my credit card company involved, Pacific Webworks would not issue me a refund. I told Pacific Webworks rep that I was probably going to file a lawsuit for its conduct. I then called my credit card company and told them what had occurred and the rep said that they were going to charge back the company.

I am thinking about suing this company for unfair trade practices. I wonder if a class action lawsuit has been started yet.

ripped off by Pacific Webworks
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Webworks-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Pacific-Webworks-Inc-IP-Eauction-FW-Eauction-avoid-this-scam-report-the-company-to-y-344563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Webworks, Inc