Complaint Review: Pacific Webworks

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Apache Junction Arizona
Pacific Webworks
230 W 400 South 1st Floor Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-4974988
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

Pacific Webworks Money For Nothing! Las Vegas Nevada

On 6/24/2009 while balancing my bank account I noticed two pending charges that meant nothing to me. One of them was for "thelearntoearn.com" and the other was "Google 800-497-4988 MN". I called both companies and confirmed that I did not want their products and did not order them; after doing some questioning I found that my former husband had used the card to register online for something but that he did not think he was purchasing anything. The refund from thelearntoearn.com came through promptly but after about two weeks I had not yet received the refund from "Google 800-497-4988 MN" so I called again. This time I talked to someone named John S who claimed to be a supervisor. He told me that they had no record of my call on the 24th of June, that they had no intention of refunding my $69.90, and that if I wanted to pursue the refund I would have to prove that I called them on the 24th of June! How do you prove that you called a toll free number from an office land line? What a ripoff! I'm out $70 for a product that I didn't buy and didn't receive. After getting a description of this product, it is not something my ex husband could even use (the man barely knows how to use e-mail let alone operate a web site). This outfit should be closed down. I am reporting them to every consumer protection agency I can find. My bank says they won't refund my money because I told them that I had given my ex the debit card to buy gas.

Apache Junction, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Webworks/Las-Vegas-Nevada-84101/Pacific-Webworks-Money-For-Nothing-Las-Vegas-Nevada-467430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Webworks