Complaint Review: Pacific Webworks

• Submitted: Mon, March 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 03, 2008

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Pacific Webworks
230 West 400 So. 1st Floor Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

Pacific Webworks, Pacific Webworks attempted to steal money from my bank account! Salt Lake City Utah

I noticed two pending charges on my online bank account statement. I called my bank and reported the possible fraudulent charges. My bank immediately put a block on my debit card and provided me with the phone number of the two companies listed on the pending charges.

I called the first number and spoke with the customer service rep. He told me I had purchased Yahoo Website builder software. I have no idea how to create a website! I told them I never purchased the software and he instantly said don't worry about it. He said he would take care of it and take it off my account. All this was extremely fishy.

I called the other number my bank had given me for the other company only to discover the different number was for the same company! I called my bank back and had my card canceled. I did a google search and discovered I was one of hundreds that Pacific Webworks has ripped off! I was lucky I noticed it right when they did it. I didn't loose any money but others have lost hundreds.

Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-Webworks/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Pacific-Webworks-Pacific-Webworks-attempted-to-steal-money-from-my-bank-account-Salt-Lak-314220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific Webworks