Complaint Review: Pacific World Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, August 06, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 17, 2009

• Reported By:Grand Rapids Minnesota
Pacific World Marketing
50 Sand Creek Road Suite 236 Discovery Bay, Brentwood, California U.S.A.

Pacific World Marketing This company was hired to promote a patented product. I signed a contract that listed many duties they would perform, none were forfilled.I want my $14,250. back! Discovery Bay, Brentwood California

*UPDATE Employee: Pacific World Marketing marketed the product for only six (6) months and had a license agreement in place!

Pacific World Marketing was hired to promote my patented product by use of a professional marketing package. One for their web-site and one for contacting potentially interested companies. The marketing package was suppose to be done within 60 days and enhance the marketability of the invention. Their idea of a marketing package was to copy my web-site and was not done on time! They verbally, 99% guaranteed, world wide distribution of my product within three months. This never happened either!

I gave them a hot lead. They misrepresented my products cost, did not relay my concerns about product changes, did not negociate my company name, logo, or equipment as assets, did not keep me informed about important changes in the first order, relayed counter offers without my consent and counseled me to sign a license agreement that had an indemnification clause that would cost me up to a million dollars! I would have never made a dime on my invention, Pacific world Marketing and the licensor would have made all the money and I would be indemnifing the patent with money I don't have for the rest of my life!

I asked for my money back and the contract ended because of nonperformance and not having the professionalism to complete their obligations to me!

I am still trying to get my money back, been months now trying to work with the BBB in CA. I lost $14,250. and PWM thinks I owe them 20% royalities on the license agreement my attorney finished.

Anita
Grand Rapids, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2007 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pacific-World-Marketing/Discovery-Bay-Brentwood-California-94514-94513/Pacific-World-Marketing-This-company-was-hired-to-promote-a-patented-product-I-signed-a-265590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pacific World Marketing

AUTHOR: Pacific World Marketing - (U.S.A.)

There are a few pieces of the puzzle here that Anita must have forgotten.

Anita's original complaint was for non-performance and misrepresentation.

Every inventor understand how difficult it is to get there product to the market. Many inventors dream of having his or her product licensed.

The main purpose is to set the record straight about Pacific World Marketing and make sure everyone has a complete picture.

Anita was granted the patent in 2003 and all of her efforts to market her own product could not produce success. She tried marketing the product for many years before contacting Pacific World Marketing to help market the product.

When Pacific World Marketing was hired to perform the marketing services of this product our #1 goal was to secure a license agreement. I am pleased to announce we obtained our goal! In only six (6) months of marketing the product we received a license agreement for her product.

If Pacific World Marketing did not perform and/or misrepresented the product in an unprofessional way how would it be possible to receive a license agreement? Pacific World Marketing marketed the product for only six (6) months and had a license agreement in place!

Prior to Pacific World Marketing sending her the licensed agreement we received an email stating I am very pleased with how everything is going

Once Anita realized she had a license agreement in place, thanks to Pacific World Marketing she decided to contact the manufacturer directly.

She had no contact with the manufacturer throughout any of the negotiations. The only reason she would contact the manufacturer directly was to cut Pacific World Marketing out of the shared royalties.

Upon receiving the license agreement Anita decided she did not want to pay Pacific World Marketing for all of the time and efforts exhausted in marketing and licensing her product. She contacted the manufacturer directly and cut Pacific World Marketing out of any royalties. Was she was feeling a little greedy or was she thinking let's hire a professional marketing firm and once they land a license agreement we can cancel the agreement. Unfortunately it does not work like that!

Since Anita was unsuccessful in launching her own product for many years, it is safe to say the marketing campaign, marketing strategy, negotiations and hard work from Pacific World Marketing resulted in a successful license agreement. We reached the goal set forth in six months.

Without the efforts of Pacific World Marketing this product would never have had the opportunity of a licensed agreement.

In the end and again Thank You to Pacific World Marketing Anita received a license agreement for the product. We are entitle a percentage of the royalties but have decided not pursue any royalties. The thoughts from the team at Pacific World Marketing we did our job and what goes around comes around

Please take a moment to review the testimonials from our clients by clicking the following link:

www.pacificworldmarketing.com

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call. Office is 925-634-1140.

Pacific World Marketing