Complaint Review: Pack, Ship & More - Mail Boxes Etc

• Submitted: Sat, June 20, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2010

• Reported By:Windsor California
Pack, Ship & More - Mail Boxes Etc
8868 Lakewood Drive Windsor, California U.S.A.

Pack, Ship & More, formerly Mail Boxes Etc, Racist Treatment Deserves a Boycott - Take Your $$ Elsewhere Windsor California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Pack Ship & More

I was quietly waiting my turn in line to buy a few stamps. When it was my turn, the woman at the counter looked over my shoulder to the next person and also turned to another person waiting for assistance and began to help them - even though I WAS STILL STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. She completely ignored me until I spoke up and said I had been waiting before these people even had entered the store. Not missing a beat and unapologetically she rudely said she would be helping the others first.

I had heard this place was racist but had my doubts. I thought perhaps because the others who had bad experiences didn't speak English well, that maybe the language barrier led to a miscommunication. Well, I stand corrected.

I've been around a while and I've certainly been on the planet long enough to know when my color is the only reason I'm not being assisted. Oh yeah, the other folks in line were white, just like the lady working the counter. Being better dressed than the others in line (I had nice dress clothes on for work and they were dressed casually) and while there is no problem with my English (I'm American born and ivy league educated), there really is no reason for anyone to patronize a business that actively and openly engages in racist treatment towards non-whites.

Money talks and all the rest... well you know the saying. What I am saying is to boycott any business that engages in racism - especially this one.

Anonymous
Windsor, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2009 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pack-Ship-More-Mail-Boxes-Etc/Windsor-California-95492/Pack-Ship-More-formerly-Mail-Boxes-Etc-Racist-Treatment-Deserves-a-Boycott-Take-You-463300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pack, Ship & More - Mail Boxes Etc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Pack Ship & More

AUTHOR: Allen - (United States of America)

If Ripoffreport.com was a reputable enterprise, they would contact us for our side before or concurrent with posting an alleged complaint.

Instead they post anonymous comments and then when we go on to address them, they offer us a "service" for a fee to clear our reputation!  This is the biggest ripoff of all.

I have no idea what motivates people to make these allegations.  No one contacted me at the time it supposedly happened.  I categorically state that we are not a racist business. In over eleven years, we have had no such complaint before.  If the person involved wants to contact me, I will be glad to discuss this with them.

I do have low tolerance for those that try to avoid waiting their turn.  Color has nothing to do with this!

Allen Coffin - Co-owner Pack Ship & More - A local business staffed by Windsor residents - Shop local, keep your money local!