Complaint Review: Packey Webb Ford

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Dianne — Lombard Illinois United States of America
Packey Webb Ford
2150 Ogden Ave. Downers Grove, Illinois United States of America

Packey Webb Ford Sold me an suv that broke and left my 17 year old daughter stranded after owning it for only 3 days Downers Grove, Illinois

I would never buy another car from Packey Webb again. I was looking for a small suv for my 17 year old daughter to get to work and college.
Decided to look at a dealer and spend a little more money than I wanted so I could get a more dependable car for her.

Bought a 2005 Ford Escape.  My daughter drove it twice and only owned it for 3 days when it decided to break down and leave her stranded.

We brought it back to the dealer to have them look at it. They knew we only had it for 3 days and didn't want to cut us a break on the repairs. They ended up only charging us for the part and not the labor.
$1300.00 for a part really?

Talked to the used car manager and the service department manager and we were told that there was nothing else they could do for us.

I feel that they sold us an suv that was ready to break and that they should have fixed it for free.  Even if they would have offered topay for half of the part I would have been satisfied. If you buy an suv from a dealer that they said they checked out and did some repairs on it.......you would think that it would last more than 3 days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Packey-Webb-Ford/Downers-Grove-Illinois-/Packey-Webb-Ford-Sold-me-an-suv-that-broke-and-left-my-17-year-old-daughter-stranded-afte-1009568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Packey Webb Ford