Complaint Review: Page Brite

• Submitted: Mon, December 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 27, 2010

• Reported By: Karl — Bend Oregon United States of America
Page Brite

Page Brite pagebrite.com DCeceptive site tries to add more and more and then automatically signs you up for a club that charges Los Angeles, Internet

My wife saw the Page Brite product and thought it looked like a good product for reading so I went to the site and saw the reviews and it looked like a good product. I started the order which requires you put all of the information including your credit card on the first page. I then went though at least a dozen more pages of offers from buying more of them for only the handling fee to upgrading the scratch proof glass to batteries to mini page brites all of which I declined as the handling fees are outrageous. I also doubt they have two different models, one plastic and one glass.

The final page is an offer that has been identified as a complete ripoff. It offers to apply a $10 discount to your order by clicking this link. The link will automatically sign you up for a discount service offer that will charge your credit card a fee every month. It is pretty much impossible to get out of this page and I finally had to close my browser and thought I had canceled my order at that time as I did not want to do business with a company practiced this deception.

I forgot about this until this morning when I got an email the my order had shipped on the 23rd (I was ordering it on Dec 6th) and it should arrive by Jan.3rd. It appears I ordered $15 worth of Page Brite products and was charged $27,96 in handling. This was obviously for Christmas and I made other arrangements. There was no confirmation email nor did they charge my card until the 23rd which is why I thought I had canceled this order.

This is a warning to other unsuspecting consumers not to buy this product from this site as you may end up with hundreds of dollars in charges for handling and additional monthly fees for a service you did not know you signed up for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Page-Brite/internet/Page-Brite-pagebritecom-DCeceptive-site-tries-to-add-more-and-more-and-then-automatically-675553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Page Brite