Complaint Review: Page Parkes

• Updated: Thu, January 09, 2014

• Reported By: Disappointed Mom — Grand Prairie Texas
Page Parkes
Dallas, Texas Houston, Texas USA

Page Parkes, Page713, Page Parkes Center for Modeling and Acting Money Driven not Driven by Great Talent Houston Texas

Going into this I remained skeptical, cautious but very optomistic.  I was unaware that Page Parkes had two entities Page713 (the actual agency) and Page Parkes Center for Modeling and Acting.  Despite them drilling the cost and need to pay in advance and signing contracts to hold you to it, I still kept an open mind.  Not understanding why if my child has talent I would have to pay $1400+ for her to even get an interview with an agent, I still remained optimistic.\

But when I received a call saying that if I don't pay the whole amount for the next class, (which was 5 weeks of modeling, acting, and a photshoot) then my child would not be able to attend the last class for the paid 8 week acting class that she was currently enrolled in.  They said she wouldn't even be able to set foot in the building for her last class if the next portion of classes wasn't paid, I received confirmation that this was yet another agency rip off.  Page Parkes has these classes to generate income for the company not to find new, thriving, and bookable talent, it's all about money.

Note that your not guaranteed to make it into the agency after completing classes and interviewing.  They don't give you a certificate or letter of completion of the class to even take to other agencies as proof of knowledge gained.  Also note that you only get an interview with an actual agent once you have completed both coarses.  But yet Page Parkes along with more legit, highly acclaimed, and noteworthy agencies always say NEVER PAY TO GET AN INTERVIEW or TO GET INTO AN AGENCY.

8 week acting class - $495.00

5 week acting, modeling, and photoshoot (printing pictures not included) - $950.00

Our experience was at the Dallas, Texas office with James as our sales guy

I am totally disappointed in how Page Parkes is taking advantage of passionate and driven talent, I expected better from them due to their longevity in the industry.  I just believe the jobs aren't coming throgh their agency fast enough so they had to suppliment income and got blinded by money straying away from their initial mission.  Good luck to all who gets tangled into Page Parkes web.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Page-Parkes/Houston-Texas/Page-Parkes-Page713-Page-Parkes-Center-for-Modeling-and-Acting-Money-Driven-not-Driven-1114103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Page Parkes