Complaint Review: Palisade Collections

• Submitted: Thu, May 29, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, March 07, 2004

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
Palisade Collections
2425 Commerce Ave Ste 10 Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

Palisade Collections, INC ripoff, Credit Report Fraud, Bogus ATT account Duluth Georgia
Palisade Collection Agency investigation Fox6 news investigative reporter John Mattes exposes Palisade like others exposed on Rip-off Report that sends out collection notices for alleged nonexistent bills threatening to ruin your credit. This Video link will better educate consumers about these types of Collection Notices.

*Consumer Suggestion: Remedies.....

*Consumer Comment: Very upset in Virginia, ran my credit report today, supposedly owe $169.00 to Palisade Collections

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ripped off in Texas

As others have stated, they show a collection account on me for an ATT account that I never had. I have already disputed this with Experian. I am getting ready to call the number that others have listed.

I haven't found a way to prevent this other than constant monitoring of my credit report. I was told that ANY company with your social # can report negitive info.

This WILL be resolved. I am wondering if any of the older messages have been resolved or have any updates??

Douglas
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2003 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisade-Collections/Duluth-Georgia-30096/Palisade-Collections-INC-ripoff-Credit-Report-Fraud-Bogus-ATT-account-Duluth-GeorgiaPal-58811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisade Collections

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Remedies.....

AUTHOR: Credit - (U.S.A.)

This is to all three people in this section; you ALL have a way out! Credit Resuscitators spealize in helping consumers get the upper hand against collection agencies and harassing creditors.

The first step is to mail a letter of dispute.

DEMAND they provide you with proof of the debt with a copy of a contract, note or some other instrument that has your signature! This needs to be mailed via certified, return receipt mail; this ensures they actually SIGN for the letter.

At this point, you wait. You are always better off going directly to the creditor, rather than the reporting agencies. Going directly to the creditor greases the wheels of justice and allows them less time than contacting the reporting agency. Usually, you will get an initial response claiming they are investigating your dispute.

This is normal; they are putting you off. Give them the alloted 30 days then send a follow up letter certified, return receipt mail. It is at this point that they need to put up or shut up. This is the last letter you are required to send them and if they still cannot provide you with PROOF, they have to cease reporting the debt and cease collection of it.

If they continue to run you through hoops, you do have recourse! File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, as well as your State Banking Department. These two offices regulate collection agencies. You can also sue in small claims court, for a small fee. You would be entitled to a minimum of $1,000.00 and if they have failed to produce proof of the debt by the end of sixty days, they probably CAN'T prove it is yours!

AUTHOR: Chrissy - (U.S.A.)

I just ran my credit report today to see why I have not been able to open new accounts lately, and found that I supposedly owe $169.00 to Palisade Collections, and it's been assigned to an attorney. I don't know where this originated--it does not say AT&T any where on the credit report, but it does say that the acct. was opened on 3/1/2003, which I have no record of any old accts. I would owe on--opened on that date.
I went online to find out any information I could about Palisade Collections and came across this site. I can not believe this company is trying to get away with this kind of crap!
I want justice, as I'm sure you all do, and I say we all make sure that happens to bring an end to this company getting away with furture lies and deceptions!

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ripped off in Texas

AUTHOR: Mario - (U.S.A.)

I have a negative collection item on my file that does not belong ,..what do I do? Help.