Complaint Review: Palisades Collection Agency LLC

• Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: Maria — Monticello Indiana United States of America
Palisades Collection Agency LLC
210 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey United States of America

Palisades Collection Agency LLC stills want to Garnish wages after making a payment on $500 payout Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Well thats a first

Palisades and I have been going to court since January 2012.  The first time I went to court the amount was about $450. The day of court, the papers stated an amount nearly $962.

Second court date. (the amount higher again), the local attorney that was hired by the firm in Indianapolis that Palisades hired to represent them told me that if I could come up with $500 by next court date (11/02/2012), they would take it as a payoff sum.

I was able to make arrangements to get the funds payable in 2 payments.  One payment of $300 I had with me today.

The law firm told the local attorney that the $500 offer had expired (?) and I now owed $852.  They could not accept the $500 agreement on behalf of Palisades.  (see previous statement!)  They would continue to pursue Garnishment of Wages.

I gave the Court my $300 check with the stipulation that I was going to make a total of $500 payment as per the last attorney I had met with.

A new status court date was set for January 2013.

As I see it, from the beginning Palisades not only inflated the first amount owed from the time I was served with papers until court in January, said that the $500 pay off sum had expired (?), would not accept a $500 pay off sum today for their Client, but took my $300 check today though.

I lost a possible advancement to a $35000 a year Assistant Manager's position because Palisades filed deroggatories (sic-questions regarding what I make and so forth), kept increasing the amount owed each time we went to court, said my $500 offer had expired, and refused to accept the offer of $500 today to settle the account,  but still took my $300 check as payment toward the $852 balanced offered me today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-Agency-LLC/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Palisades-Collection-Agency-LLC-stills-want-to-Garnish-wages-after-making-a-payment-on-5-963732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection Agency LLC

Well thats a first

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

First report I've ever read here where apparently there's an actual collections proceeding. Usually reports here about Palisades is about their attempts to collect an invalid debt - like mine. Where they're fishing to find someone, anyone to pay off a debt that's not even theirs.

Yep, in my opinion bottom of the barrel collectors like Palisades if they're mouth is moving they're lying.  Also surprised that a real court of law would allow them to just change the rules of the game, re: your payment agreement.

They seemed to have stopped the robo calls here. I know our state had proposed some legislation to stop collection agencys from "fishing" after a legislator began getting "the calls" simply because he has the same name as the real debtor.

Keep us posted, its helpful to share the info.