Complaint Review: Palisades Collection - First National Collection Bureau, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:bridgeville Pennsylvania
Palisades Collection - First National Collection Bureau, Inc.
610 Waltham Way Sparks, Nevada U.S.A.

Palisades Collection - First National Collection Bureau Collection agency fraud stating AT & T debt collection Sparks Nevada

I was very shocked to arrive home yesterday and find a collection notice in the mail from First National Collection Bureau for $175.78. The letter stated that Palisades Collection was the original collector and the original debtor was AT&T. Now, I cannot ever remember having AT&T as a service provider.

I called the listed number for First National and spoke with a Mr. Kelly Long. Very argumentative, he told me that this was for AT&T service in January 2003 and that they were a last ditch collection agency. When I told him that I did not remember having AT&T service, he told me that AT&T has merged with and acquired several others companies so it could be any number. AT&T is one of my major clients where I work, so I am well aware of their M&A history!

Mr. Long could not provide me with any other information on the alleged debt. I did tell him that I would call Palisades to get some more info and he said, "Well they will just refer you back to us." When I told him that I would need to do some more research in my files, he then told me that if I waited, the amount would go up. After almost 6 years, now it goes up???

I was also informed that First National "allegedly" had mailed me 2 previous collection letters, one on July 31 and one on Aug 6, 2008. I have never received them. I find it very hard to believe that I would have received 2 additional letters marked confidential and would not have seen and opened.

This really smelled of a scam and then I went online and did some research on this sham of a company. Apparently, I am not the only one. Bravo to you First National Collection Bureau on such a convincing scam.
However, if I did owe this, wouldn't it show up on my credit report? It doesn't!

I will be reporting this to the PA Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.

bridgeville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-First-National-Collection-Bureau-Inc/Sparks-Nevada-89434/Palisades-Collection-First-National-Collection-Bureau-Collection-agency-fraud-stating-362754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection - First National Collection Bureau, Inc.