Complaint Review: Palisades Collection LLC

• Submitted: Sat, June 12, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, June 21, 2004

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Palisades Collection LLC
210 Sylvan Ave Englewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collection LLC Bankruptcy fraud. Purchased discharged account. Never contacted. Fradulent timing. Englewood NJ
Palisade Collection Agency investigation Fox6 news investigative reporter John Mattes exposes Palisade like others exposed on Rip-off Report that sends out collection notices for alleged nonexistent bills threatening to ruin your credit. This Video link will better educate consumers about these types of Collection Notices.

*Consumer Comment: PALISADE COLLECTIONS got me too....... clean up credit report

We're the text book case of a family who got into credit card debt way too deep. We filed for "protection" under Chapter 7 of the U.S. bankruptcy code.

So I thought we'd lay low for a few years, let some time go by and then regroup. Time heals all wounds, right? Wrong. I checked my Experian report and found that one company (Palisades Collection LLC) had been reporting a collection account every couple of months for over two and a half years without ever sending me a bill or contacting me. I didn't know who they were, but I did notice that the balance was EXACTLY the same amount as one of the credit cards that was discharged in the bankruptcy (which was finalized in February 2000). What's interesting is that my Experian report says that Palisades "opened" the account in July 2000. How could a collection agency obtain and begin collecting an account that had just been discharged by the bankruptcy court five months prior? I think I'll take my chances and file a civil suit. The more lawsuits they lose, the more likely they are to be exposed. But it may cost us consumers some money first. Good luck, everyone.

Feel free to rebutt with questions.

Chris
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2004 03:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-LLC/Englewood-New-Jersey-07632/Palisades-Collection-LLC-Bankruptcy-fraud-Purchased-discharged-account-Never-contacted-94602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection LLC

PALISADE COLLECTIONS got me too....... clean up credit report

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I am trying to clean up my credit report and I recently obtained my credit report and there is a debt on there that I do not know what it is about. PALISADE COLLECTIONS is on my report says I owe and out standing amount for $13,719.00 for 1 month in July of 2002. I have no idea what this is about and I am starting to get very frustrated about it.

I have spent hours trying to figure out what this is all ablout because I would know if I owed a place that kind of money. I had a few on there for 600.00 or 200.00 or 65.00,120.00 but that is all I had. I am trying to figure what this PALISADE COLLECTIONS account is all about. I have never been contacted from them or any agency represinting them. I am convinced this is a fraud thing and I need to get to the bottom of it asap.

What can I do about it ?