Complaint Review: Palisades Collection, LLC

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2008

• Reported By:New Eagle Pennsylvania
Palisades Collection, LLC
PO Box 18008 Hauppauge, New York U.S.A.

Palisades Collection, LLC Plaza Associates For Verizon Communications INC. Still have same phone number, Would my phone be shutoff if it went to Collections? Hauppauge New York

I received a letter today from Palisades Collection, LLC stating that they were a professional collection agency and have been authorized to settle my account (Verizon Communications INC) by accepting 55% ($95.33) of the balance ($173.32). This would be for my current Verizon Phone number which is in good standing.

WOW, I always thought that an account had to be inactive in order to settle an outstanding balance. UMH, Wouldn't my phone be shutoff if I had an outstanding balance that made its way to a collection service?

It would be interesting to know how they got this information since I still have the same phone number this claim is against. I went online to see what I owed on my bill sicne I was a little fraked out by this. Interesting that the current bill was much Less than their 55% ($95.33) they are claiming. I figured I might as well pay it since it was due in about 2 weeks.

In the Top left of the payment stub it had the following address:
PO Box 18008
Hauppage, NY 17788-8808
Call Toll Free 1-866-616-7412

At the bottom it had please use this address for payments only:
Plaza Associates
JAF Station, PO Box 2769
New York, NY 10116-2769

Under that, it had another address:
Plaza Associates
370 Seventh Ave
New York, NY 10001-3900

Their Privacy Notice is Very Contradicting to say the least.

Information we may collect.
Information we receive from you or your account file at the time we purchased your account, such as your name, address, income and other information.
Information about your transactions with us or others, such as your account balance, payment history and account activity; and
Information we receive about you from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit report or other information related to your creditworthiness.

Interesting that they purchased my account thats still active with verizon and being used daily. RING, RING, RING, its still active with verizon. They are offer a 55% settlement. Let see, UMH, YES, Verizon would have shutoff my service if I owed money.

New Eagle, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2008 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-LLC/Hauppauge-New-York-11788-8808/Palisades-Collection-LLC-Plaza-Associates-For-Verizon-Communications-INC-Still-have-s-305401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection, LLC