Complaint Review: Palisades Collection LLC

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 28, 2008

• Reported By:Farmington Michigan
Palisades Collection LLC
FMS Services PO Box 681515 Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

Palisades Collection LLC Ripping Off 19 Year Old... Fraudulent Debt Collection Palisades Collection Scam Schaumburg Illinois

My name is Dennis Johnson, I live in Michigan and I also work for AT&T Wireless. On April 17th I received a letter at my mother's address stating that Palisades Collection LLC has been referred a debt from AT&T for Collection. Which is funny, because I've never had an account with AT&T, in fact, I don't even have a credit card. I am (just recently) 19 years old. In this notice, in big bold letters at the top "Special settlement offer: Use your tax refund to pay off this debt"

The first time in my life getting a tax refund (and doing taxes..)....and they want me to give it to them...So, working for AT&T and all, I checked to see if any accounts were ever opened in my name. Thankfully not, I was originally worried about Identity Theft. To make sure, I called up to customer service, ran a check by my name, Soc #, and address that the agency had listed on the letter they sent me. Nothing showed, and I filed a report with AT&T concerning this. Now, I have a friend who's mom is a multi-million dollar debt collection lawyer. She told me to get my credit report and we would take a look and see what damage was done. When trying to get my report, Equifax said that my credit had been frozen, and they could not process my request at this time. What would my next step be? I am very unfamiliar with what to do with things concerning my credit score, but all over the internet I hear that this company has scammed a ton of people. If anyone could give me any more experienced information, I would very much appreciate it. I'm too young for people to already be trying to scam me, but I am not going to let it happen. Thanks for the time.

Dennis
Farmington, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2008 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-LLC/Schaumburg-Illinois/Palisades-Collection-LLC-Ripping-Off-19-Year-Old-Fraudulent-Debt-Collection-Palisades-C-329352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection LLC