Complaint Review: Palisades Collection - Verizon West Virginia - Plaza Associates

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2008

• Reported By:Pgh Pennsylvania
Palisades Collection - Verizon West Virginia - Plaza Associates
PO Box 18008 Hauppauge, New York U.S.A.

Plaza Associates - Palisades Collection - Verizon West Virginia, Collection Notice from Palisades Collections, LLC Verizon West Virginia, INC. I've only been with Verizon for 3 Weeks!!! Hauppauge New York

I recieved a "collection" notice in the mail stating that I was seriously past due on my account and owed $123.15. I have never recieved any other bill stating I owed money, nor does anything show up on my credit report that I was sent to collections for a past due account. When I recieved the "notice", I had only been a customer with Verizon for 3 weeks! How could I be over on an acct when I have yet to recieve a bill!?

As soon as I opened it, I thought "Sh*t! I cant be overdue on an acct! This has to be a mistake!" So I immediately looked for the number to call (800-805-0841) and the hours of operation (Mon-Thurs 8am-11pm EST), so that I could call and talk to someone about this. I called at 10:40 PM EST on a Thurs and the automated system picked up stating that they were closed? How could they be closed when their "notice" states they are open until 11pm?!?! Strange???

Another thing that made me think twice about how this could possibly be a scam, is that I have never recieved a call from a collection agency telling me owe money. I have been taken to collections before (broke college student with credit cards!) and those collections agency LOVE to hound you with phone calls! Never once did I recieve a phone call??

If other ppl have been reporting the same thing about the same company, how are they still in operation??? Can someone pls tell me that?

Megan
Pgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2008 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection-Verizon-West-Virginia-Plaza-Associates/Hauppauge-New-York-11788/Plaza-Associates-Palisades-Collection-Verizon-West-Virginia-Collection-Notice-from-Pa-313177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection - Verizon West Virginia - Plaza Associates