Gods

• Submitted: Sat, April 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 12, 2008

• Reported By:brandywine Maryland
Palisades Collection
87 South Commerce Way, Suite 70 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Palisades Collection Palisades trying to collect for a bill that was paid off 3 years ago Bethlehem Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: You're letting these bottom feeding bums off to easy

I had an account with AT&T wireless in 2001 and in early 2002 I got behind and was placed with Palisades. I paid AT&T directly in late 2002 the full amount of $389.00. In 2003 Palisades began calling and after i told them i paid it off they told me I couldn't pay AT&T i had to pay them. I kept telling them I paid the bill off and even sent them a copy of the reciept from AT&T but it was never acknowledged. Eventually they stopped calling.

In December 2006 I recieved a bill from Wolpoff and Abramson for Palisades for $400. I told them I paid it off in 2002 but they insisted I didn't in Feb. 2006 I was trying to buy a house so to just get them off my credit report I informed Wolpoff and Abramson I will send a check to pay it off and I was sent another statement to send with the check so on Feb. 20th I sent Wolpoff and Abramson a check for $400.

On March 1, 2006 I recieved the check back and a letter stating "Enclosed please find your payment in the amount of $400.00. We are returing this item as the account has been recalled by our client. Please contact our client directly. W&A Bookkeeping Department" but since I had not been contacted by Palisades in over 3 years I had no way of contacting them so I contacted AT&T and they told the account was closed and paid off. Still nothing from Palisades until just a month ago.

On March 10, 2008 I recieved a very nasty call from Palisades stating I owed $486 for an AT&T account. I told them account was paid off and they needed to send me and itemized bill to verify the debt. I was hung up on and I still haven't recieved anything from them but I also haven't recieved any more calls. I contacted AT&T again and they checked under my name, maiden name, social security number and every address that I have lived at and couldn't find any other bill other than the one that was Paid Off in 2002. Palisades is still on my credit report (all 3) and they say I owe $456 (which is more than the original bill) right now it's in dispute so hopefully Palisades will come off the report.

Jordansdoll
brandywine, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2008 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-18017/Palisades-Collection-Palisades-trying-to-collect-for-a-bill-that-was-paid-off-3-years-ago-325600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection

You're letting these bottom feeding bums off to easy

AUTHOR: Faron - (U.S.A.)

Please don't do like you did earlier since they will NOT take you of the 3 reports because they are fraudulent, bottom feeding swine and pay these losers. Paying the other freaks was not a wise thing to do no matter to do. Consider yourself lucky they returned the money to you.

Send a letter of complaint to the FTC and Maryland DA. Also, you should be able to get some money out of these low-lifes by suing them for fraudulently listing your name on credit reports. Contact an attorney through naca.net. They will explain everything to you. You can find an attorney in your area. If you don't fight them; they will not go away.