Complaint Review: Palisades Collection

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2007

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Palisades Collection
210 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliff, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collection This agency has been pursuing me for almost a year for $475.14 they allege I owe via AT&T Wireless. I have verified with AT&T Wireless recored of back payment owed. Englewood Clif New Jersey

My parents called me from their home in Texas and advised me they received a letter addressed to me regarding an "account seriously past due date - assigned to collection". I called the attorney office of Mitchell & Kay, P.C P.O Box 9006 Smithtown, NY 11787-9006 800-859-2974 who advised me they have no further information to provide, just that Palisades Collection Agency indicated I owe $475.14 but will accept a settlement payment of $261.13.

I proceeded to call AT&T Wireless to investigate & ask why I was never contacted directly. Customer Representative Felicia graciously assisted & confirmed records do not show any back payment(s) in default or due. Felicia did verify records show I had an account with AT&T Wireless from 12/17/1995 to 6/30/2000 which was closed in GOOD STANDING. It's apparent that Palisades Collection Agency is a bogus scam business entity.

I have taken matters into my own hands to inform local media of the situation in case they are not already aware. Consumers beware!

Michael
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2007 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection/Englewood-Cliff-New-Jersey-07632/Palisades-Collection-This-agency-has-been-pursuing-me-for-almost-a-year-for-47514-they-a-258232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection