Complaint Review: Palisades Collection

• Submitted: Fri, June 13, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 13, 2008

• Reported By:Rio Rancho New Mexico
Palisades Collection
210 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Palisades Collection Credit thieves, Palisade Collections just cost me a Fortune Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: RE:

In 2002 I moved my residence and had the Verizon "moving package" which is a moving package free of charge. At the time I had Aol for my internet. The verizon customer service provided the dial up number for my new address.
THe first months bill was 262.oo for internet!!
I contacted Verizon, and they corrected the dial up number, but as far as the bill, I had to pay it. And they would have to "train" their personel better.
The representative said it was up to AOL. I called Aol, and was informed that Verizon had not been truthful. Again I called verizon, and thought all was settled after talking to the supervisor.

In 2005 I got a letter from a collection agency, disputed it, and again thought the matter was resolved. It was not on my credit.

Then 2006, a letter from Palisades Collection Agency. Disputed it, thought it was settled and again, was not on my credit report.

Now in Spring of 2008, I get a letter from my credit card company, lowering my credit and raising my interest rate!! Because Palisades Collection turns this Verizon Acct. in!!! Then I get a letter from Palisades.
I call them, she explains the account had been in a "warehouse" and they are just getting to it.Won't let me dispute it.

No account number for Verizon, no contact number from Verizon.

And she says I can't dipute it.

I spent all day on hold with Verizon, and when I did get connected they'd transfer me to someone that had nothing to do with the problem.

Palisades will give me NO information.

Sandra means
Rio Rancho, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Palisades-Collection-Credit-thieves-Palisade-Collections-just-cost-me-a-Fortune-Englewoo-340063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Won't let me dispute it
=================
It's your right under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to dispute it. Send them a certified letter + return receipt stating:

Per thethe Fair Debt Collection Practices Act I am requesting written validation of this alleged debt.

Send certified letters + return receipt to all 3 credit bureaus stating: Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am requesting validation of this alleged debt.