Complaint Review: Palisades Collection

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:tempe Arizona
Palisades Collection
210 Sylvan Ave Englewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collection Palisades Collection Scam Englewood New Jersey

I had AT&T wireless back in the late 1990's and decided to terminate the service in 2002 to the tune of $275 (early term fee). I received my termination/zero balance letter from them and heard nothing from anyone....until now.

My husband and I are applying for a home loan...lo and behold Palisades Collection, llc is showing up on my credit report. Shocked at this, I pulled my credit report myself only to find that this account was opened in 2005...three years after I cancelled my account with AT&T.

I called AT&T and spoke with their accounts receivable department, they have no record of reporting me to any collections agency. Let alone reporting it three years after the account had been cancelled! I would think if I had some outstanding balance, I would have heard something of it from AT&T themselves prior to this so called agency getting a hold of it.

AT&T is currently assisting me in researching this issue and I have filed a formal complaint with the FTC as it may end up costing me points on the home loan if the issue is not resolved promptly.

I did learn that if this charge does cost me points, I can file a lawsuit against them for the money loss. I urge anyone who is being or has been scammed by this company to do the same. It could cost you your future!!

tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection/Englewood-New-Jersey-07632/Palisades-Collection-Palisades-Collection-Scam-Englewood-New-Jersey-364500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection