Pink

• Submitted: Fri, January 07, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 23, 2006

• Reported By:norwood Pennsylvania
Palisades Collection
Englwood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collection ripoff my credit report shows i have a bill with ATT when I never used ATT the phone number on the account is a place of buisness and has never herd of me Englwood New Jersy

*Consumer Suggestion: This will get the fix to your problem

*Consumer Suggestion: DO NOT contact ATT/Cingular...They SOLD the account

*Consumer Comment: Same thing is happening with me

*Consumer Comment: got validation?

*Consumer Comment: Who is Suing you

palisades collection has put on my credit report thet I hahe A bill with ATT for 1200.00 dollars I have never used ATT palasades sold the debt to anothr collection agency and thay are taking me to cout to collect I am fialing A compaint with the better buisness bureau and have called my local congress man

Richard
norwood, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2005 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collection/Englwood-New-Jersey/Palisades-Collection-ripoff-my-credit-report-shows-i-have-a-bill-with-ATT-when-I-never-use-126353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collection

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This will get the fix to your problem

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

The best way to get this taken care of is to contact Cingular Wireless, Office of the President. You can call in and say that you already have contacted the Office of the President and you just needed the address again. Once you contact them with your complaint, they have a certain amount of days to respond. These days are to give the company time to research your complaint.

Believe it or not, about 98% of the people that contact OOP will get what they want and more. I have been there and seen it, they also counsel and some times fire employees that don't use the proper procedure or who they suspect of being rude to a customer. Unfortunately, I feel bad that you are going through this, but I hope it will help.

By the way, OOP reps have instant power to correct whatever is wrong, or have direct contact to who will.

Good luck

#2 Consumer Suggestion

DO NOT contact ATT/Cingular...They SOLD the account

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Palisades bought this debt. It is obviously very old and uncollectable.

Any time a debt is more then 7 months in default, it is usually sold. max is 1 year. Then you are not dealing with the original creditor. You are dealing with a debt buyer or a collector for a debt buyer.

Do not speak with ANYONE on the phone!

All correspondence should be written and sent by certified mail, return reciept requested.

Send the debt validation request where you dispute the debt and DEMAND to see something you signed to create the debt with THEM, the new owner, or proof that they are legally entitled to collect on the debt, such as a sales contract and cancelled check showing they purchased it.

Wait 15 days and send the cease communications request by the same means above.

Same thing is happening with me

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

You are in the same situation as I am... Please let me know how you are handling this? Who did you write to?

Do you have a contact at Cingular?

got validation?

AUTHOR: Kimberly - (U.S.A.)

hi there,

I read your report and i was wondering if you had got validation from the collection company showing proof that you do owe att? I would also dispute this with the credit bureaus.

Richard,
You have to tell me who is suing you, the same thing is happening to me. The company suing me is Pressler and Pressler. Pallisades sold it to them and now they are taking me to court over it. The funny thing is, I don't owe AT&T anything. They gave my social security number to a man in the next town over from me, and he bought six hundred dollars worth of cell phones on my account and the best part is, I already had the same cell phone, so why would I buy another one? Anyway, I completely understand your frustration, if you can please let me know if there is anything I can do!!! Good Luck!!!