Complaint Review: Palisades Collections , ATT Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, January 30, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Apollo Beach Florida
Palisades Collections , ATT Wireless
87 S Comerce Way Ste700 Bethlehem, Florida U.S.A.

Palisades Collections , ATT Wireless Bethlehem Florida

*Consumer Comment: Solution

*Consumer Suggestion: cyndee

*Consumer Suggestion: I CANCELLED MY ATT SERVICE BECAUSE OF CONTINUING DOUBLE BILLING PROBLEMS TOO

2001 I ordered an ATT Wireless Phone over the internet, ATT double shipped the phone, I refused one of the orders, and proceeded to use the phone that I kept, utilizing the one year contract that I signed up for.

ATT started double billing me. I called them to let them know that they were double billing and that I only activated one phone and the other phone was refused and sent back. ATT quit billing me, after the year was up I went to verizon wireless.

Six years later Palisades Collections is trying to collect for the entire year of the phone I sent back and ATT wireless supposedly straightened out.
This company is trying to collect a debt that does not exist. This is a Rip Off Company and they do report to Trans Union, Experian and Equifax.

If you get contacted by In this company for a non-existent debt,run you credit report, report ATT Wireless and Palisades as fraudulent debt collectors. Do Not let them ruin your credit score! Do not let them continue this bad business practice

Cyndee
Apollo Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2007 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collections-ATT-Wireless/Bethlehem-Florida-15228/Palisades-Collections-ATT-Wireless-Bethlehem-Florida-233499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collections , ATT Wireless

Solution

AUTHOR: Drathe - (U.S.A.)

Hello, my name is Drathe.. well atleast online name. Anyhow.. if you still have the # to the ATT help line(if you dont have it im sure you can find it VIA AT&T's website).. you can call them and get put in a que (wait time should be relativly short depending on the call center it puts you to) when you get to a CCR Agent.. tell them your not sure if your still in the system.. but if they could check that would be great( or something to that extent..) give them your old cell number.. and name..and, explain to the rep. that you had terminated service but were still being billed... they will be able to clear your charges (if over $200) you will have to speak with a suprivise... hope this helps/ed.

Drathe

#2 Consumer Suggestion

cyndee

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

sorry, to say this debt exists because at&t sent this collection agency something, I'm not say that right.

the statute of limitation on a written contract in Florida is 5 years, I think

dispute this debt, as per your right and pull you credit report and see if at&t is even listed, if they are dispute it with all three credit bureau's, and request they send you the information of how the vaidated the debt, if at&t was on there and removed because of your dispute, copy what the credit bureau sends you to this collection agency.

how can a collection agency place an account or validate, if the original credit can't.

even if they claim they own this debt, they still must have a signed contract between you and the orignal creditor

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I had to speak with a manager every time I got a bill because they just couldn't get it right ...

#4 Consumer Suggestion