• Report: #241989

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 16, 2007

• Reported By:HOUSTON Pennsylvania
Palisades Collections
Po Box 1274 Englewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collections AT & T Wireless Redating Debts, Fraudulent Billing, Failure to Validate Ripoff Englewood New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: Palisades tried me too

I like so many other people have been fighting to get this old outdated disputed bill off of my credit report. I did have an AT &T wireless phone in 1998 but was paid in full Palisades says they bought my account and I owe $630.00 AND its from 2005. AT &T wasnt even in business then. Anyway I tried disputing, letters of validation EVERYTHING. I got nowhere. So I filed a complaint with the BBB. I just got a letter from them with a response from Palisades saying they are closing my account we will see if this works.

Jackie
HOUSTON, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2007 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collections/Englewood-New-Jersey/Palisades-Collections-AT-T-Wireless-Redating-Debts-Fraudulent-Billing-Failure-to-Valid-241989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collections

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Palisades tried me too

AUTHOR: Art - (U.S.A.)

I recieved a letter from an Attorney, Micheal Kay of Smithtown, New York, stating he had purchased I debt I allegedly owed Palsades Collections for AT&T Wireless service. I have NEVER had AT&T Wireless. I asked Mr. Kay to verify the debt. I heard nothing back.

I checked and my credit report showed this bogus debt. A further internet check shows the Law Office of Micheal Kay had a class action suit filed against it for deceptive collection practices. I do not know the status nor the outcome of this suit. I will join in the suit if I can locvate the administrator.

I have contacted the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey to file a complaint against Palisades Collections. I have also filed one with the Attorney General of New York against the Law Office of Micheal Kay. I am also filing one with the Attorney General in my home state, California.

I suggest anyone who gets a letter from either of these two entities to first send them a certified letter asking them to verify the debt. If that is not forthcoming I suggest you file a complaint with the attorney general in their state and in your own state.