Complaint Review: Palisades Collections

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 14, 2004

• Reported By:Riverdale Maryland
Palisades Collections
210 Sylvan Avenue Englewood, New Jersey U.S.A.

Palisades Collections, LLC rip-off! Fraudulent Collection! Englewood New Jersey

I applied for a mortgage loan late September of 2003, and when my credit record was pulled, there was report in their by Palisades Collection Inc. for an owed amount of $329.00. The account was supposedly purchased from AT$T in 1998. The AT$T account had been paid in full since February of 1999. I contacted Palisades Collection, Inc. and the credit bureau to contest such an aggregious fraud.

After contesting the case for a period of time, I was made aware despite the contest, that it would still remain on my credit report. I decided to pay off the said owed amount to clean my credit. I received a confirmation letter that showed a zero balance. I lost the bid on the house at that time because of the prolonged credit dispute.

In April 2004, I applied again for another mortgage loan, upon pulling my credit history, I found the "Fraud Monster" (Palisades Collection, Inc.) again on my credit report, saying I am owing $39.00. I've made all attempt to investigate the source of the debt, but no one at Palisade is offering any explanation. I understand another individual is undergoing a similar problem with Palisades Collection, Inc. pertaining to a Providian Bank debt collection.

It is not the amount owed that bothers me, because I'm a professional and I make a fair amount of money, but the authority this corrupt company has to destroy one's credit. Definitely, this blemish on my credit report is going to cost me at least one point, which amounts to a lot of money in the long run.

I have secured an attorney and also written to my Congressman to see what recourse can be taken. If anyone has similar incident against Palisades Collection, Inc., please send me an e-mail at (address removed by ripoffreport.com), because there is a great potential for a class action lawsuit. This corrupt company must be stopped!!!

Franklin
Riverdale, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2004 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-Collections/Englewood-New-Jersey/Palisades-Collections-LLC-rip-off-Fraudulent-Collection-Englewood-New-Jersey-98894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collections