Complaint Review: Palisades Collections,LLC

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Valrico Florida
Palisades Collections,LLC
87 S. Commerce Way, #700 Bethlehem, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Palisades Collections, LLC Constantly calling by computer; asking for social security number; threatening to take my home Bethlehem Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: I LOVE it when RIP-OFF ARTISTS like These Call MY HOUSE

For two months this company has been calling with a recorded message. I finally returned the call today. The woman did not identify herself. When I asked for her address, she said,"What difference does it make? You still owe the debt." I do not owe this debt.She also asked me if i own my own home, as if she was going to file a lien. This is illegal in Florida.When I went to the Better Business Bureau website there are hundreds of complaints, all unsatisfactory. This is the Washington,DC/Eastern Pennsylvania BBB website. When I called their office back and got a live person, another unpleasant woman answered. I told them about the number of complaints on the BBB website and she said," You have the wrong company; how would you like it if someone wrote something about you on the web that was false and i believed it?" Very mature. I also found out that Palisades Collections in Englewood, NJ is now listed as ASTA Funding. The number there is (800) 873-5648, where the legal counsel is named Peter Fish.
I also wrote a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission online.

Valrico, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palisades-CollectionsLLC/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-18017/Palisades-Collections-LLC-Constantly-calling-by-computer-asking-for-social-security-numb-348160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palisades Collections,LLC

I LOVE it when RIP-OFF ARTISTS like These Call MY HOUSE

AUTHOR: Helene - (U.S.A.)

I had a similiar experience where I did not owe anybody anything but they kept calling my house...

They called ME!

They don't call me anymore...

I just would listen to them and when there was only silence on my end they would scream louder and louder and louder and lounder and then there would only be SILENCE and they would hang up.

Occasionally, I would play the "Sounds of the Haunted House" while they screamed and other times I would play "Sounds of the Firing Range" or to keep them fit, I would play "Marching Cadence Calls of the U.S. Marine Corps"...

The calls started becoming less frequent so I would play some Gangsta Rap for them to listen to on the phone and when the calls eventually stopped, I missed them.

it is a scam so they can get your social security number and credit card and checking account information and STEAL YOUR IDENTITY!

I rather miss their calls though. It was a lot of mental stimulation to come up with something to do to them every day.

The silence and then the toilet flushing was very effective. May I recommend THAT as a response.

I think the one that finally stopped them from calling was:" You have reached the residence of Akmed the terrorist and you are now being tracked by Homeland Security..."

Well, maybe I will be getting some more calls SOMEDAY but that was a year ago!:(