Complaint Review: Palm Harbor Homes - Palm Harbor Village

• Submitted: Fri, October 22, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 22, 2004

• Reported By:Mineola Texas
Palm Harbor Homes - Palm Harbor Village
2701 E Front Street Tyler, Texas U.S.A.

Palm Harbor Homes - Palm Harbor Village ripoff sold us a New 1998 Masterpiece Home but Delivered and set up a 1997 Model Home Tyler Texas

Palm Harbor Homes aka Palm Harbor Village in Tyler Texas sold my husband a Masterpiece Home. He signed a contract stating he was purchasing a New 1998 Masterpiece Home. But they delivered and set up a 1997 home. After we married I called in warranty work that needed to be done, when I contacted the Dallas Texas site where the homes are made I found out that the home my husband had was a 1997 Model home not a New 1998 that the contract stated. Somehow I talked this lady I was speaking to fax me a copy of the sales invoice on the home in question. Not only did Palm Harbor sale a 1997 model home as a new 1998, but the sales price on the home was $44,114.00 they sold the home for $64,800.00 total price after financing $198,083.60 for a 1997 home. (If my husband and I had been married at the time of this sale, I personally would have fell out over a nearly $200 thousand dollars for a mobile home.)

I contacted Palm Harbor in Tyler over this they tried to blow me off, then I sent a letter to the corporate office trying to reach the president of the company. I have not yet been able to get anything done on this. We finally after getting tired of arguing and getting no where, called the finance company explaining to them what was going on... I got no where again, their response was the financed my husband not the home. So I finally told them I agreed to pay $541.21 a month for a new 1998 home, so in the end the repoed the home because I refused to pay for a home that was not the home he agreed to buy. I will fight this til I die though because now they have placed a $36,ooo.oo bad debt on our credit report. They have also since resold the home, but this time it was sold as a 1997. I urge all of you to never give up write the Attorney General. Contact your Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs, Division of Manufactured Housing for Texas you can call 1-800-500-7074. And if anyone knows of anything I can do that I have not yet tried please let me know. All help is appreciated.

Cj & Gayla
Mineola, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palm-Harbor-Homes-Palm-Harbor-Village/Tyler-Texas-75773/Palm-Harbor-Homes-Palm-Harbor-Village-ripoff-sold-us-a-New-1998-Masterpiece-Home-but-Del-114213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palm Harbor Homes - Palm Harbor Village