Complaint Review: Palm Harbor Homes

• Submitted: Thu, November 30, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, November 30, 2006

• Reported By:Callahan Florida
Palm Harbor Homes
463231 SR 200 Yulee, Florida U.S.A.

Palm Harbor Homes Shop here and you'll be left out in the cold!! Ripoff Yulee Florida

In June03 we were looking to build a home. We were stunned on how much it would cost us. We went to Palm Harbor homes in Yulee to see about a modular that would be built on our land. We arrived we were greeted by a very friendly salesman. We singed all the paperwork by September. We were so excited to be building our home. We were told it would only take 3-6 months. WOW I thought. Finally our home arrived on our land in March. After they put it together I noticed the phrase "What the F@ck are you doing looking up here" written all over my new cabinets. I was so upset.

After 4 months of waiting, it was finally painted over. To make a long story short we waited a YEAR and A HALF to get into our house. It sat in the rain so long mildew was growing all over the walls. I requested the drywall to be changed out, but all they did was paint over it. One day, about 8 months in, I called to find out how much longer it would be because our lease would be up. I told them I had to be in the house before October, they said that wouldn't be a problem. Needless to say my whole family was homeless come October.

I remember another time I called the manager of the store, Linda, concerned because we were homeless and she started yelling at me and HUNG UP on me. The only way I got anything done with these people was to call an attorney.

Another problem was our construction manager Clarence Peoples, well he was the laziest person I have ever seen. Because Palm Harbor was a guaranteed paycheck, he would push off the Palm Harbor clients to run his own business, "Peoples Construction". Our house was ordered in September, the trusses for our gararge weren't ordered until October 25th, the next year.

Please do not buy from these people. It may cost a little less, but the headache from the crap they put you through will cost more.

Callahan, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2006 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palm-Harbor-Homes/Yulee-Florida-32097/Palm-Harbor-Homes-Shop-here-and-youll-be-left-out-in-the-cold-Ripoff-Yulee-Florida-223015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palm Harbor Homes