Complaint Review: Palm Kia

• Updated: Wed, October 02, 2013

• Reported By: William Dickenson — Ocala Florida
Palm Kia
2305 SW College Rd Ocala, Florida USA

Palm Kia - Kelly Kelley & Chad Bachelor Fraudulent Check / Sold my trade without proper authorization Ocala Florida

On 8/16/2013 I traded my 2000 Nissan Xterra for a 2013 Kia Optima from Palm Kia in Ocala, FL. I signed a contract at 11.4% interest with a payment of $407/mo for 72 months. The floor mats were missing and David Ferrar (salesperson) provided mats from another unit.

Chad Bachelor (finance manager) called me back on 9/20/2013 to inform me the dealership could not get the bank to fund that deal and asked me to resign at 16.78% interest with a payment of $469/mo for 72 months (Chad told me the payment would be going up $30-40/mo. not $62.). I declined the offer. Kelly Kelley (general sales manager) called and countered by asking if the original $407 payment remained the same would I sign. I agreed. several days later I received their contract and the interest was the same, 16.78% with a payment of $408. At that time I told Chad and Kelly I would be returning the 2013 Kia Optima and I expected my trade to be ready when I dropped the car off. Kelly told me I could not have the trade back because it was sold at auction. I agreed to take the $2,500 they allowed me on trade in exchange for their car. Kelly agreed and the 2013 Kia Optima was returned to the dealership.

At the time it was returned, two representatives of Palm Kia inspected the vehicle. They told my transporter there was a small burn hole in the rear floor mat, the floor mats they provided from a different vehicle.

The check was deposited at Wells Fargo and the teller called to verify funds and deposited it as cash. The funds cleared my account on 9/26/2013.

On 9/30/2013 I purchased a car from Mike Davidson Ford in Jacksonville, FL using the $2,500 as a down payment. I used my debit card and ran it as credit. The payment went through on 9/30/2013. I went to the bank on 10/1/2013 to make a withdrawal and was informed my account is overdrawn because Palm Kia wrote a fraudulent check. Now the funds are being reversed on the down payment I made to Mike Davidson Ford.

Kelly Kelley said they are doing it because there are 15 cigarette burns in the car, yet I never smoked a single cigarette in the car. I have two witnesses that dropped the car off and received the check.

Chad Bachelor said they are going to charge me $0.56 per mile, yet him and Kelly Kelley knew I was a traveling salesman. Chad Bachelor told me the justification was based on national rental car rates, yet I never signed a rental car agreement.

Kelly Kelley and Chad Bachelor told me the reason the deal didn't get funded was because I lied about my income, but I handed them 2 years tax returns and 2 years bank statements when I signed the credit application.

The predatory manner in which they stole my Xterra can't be legal. What are my rights as a consumer?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palm-Kia/Ocala-Florida-34471/Palm-Kia-Kelly-Kelley-Chad-Bachelor-Fraudulent-Check-Sold-my-trade-without-proper-a-1088935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palm Kia