barn

• Updated: Sun, September 15, 2013

• Reported By: furious person that got scammed — CLEARWATER Florida
Palm Massager .. Shane owner
Citrus Park Mall Tampa Tampa, Florida USA

Palm Massager .. Shane vendor for Palm Massager.. Citrus Park Mall Worst experience with any business in my entire life Tampa Florida

*General Comment: palm massager 2

*Author of original report: response to grant

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response to Adam

*Author of original report: Sorry Owner of Kiosk said his name was GRANT

Have had tremendous stomach muscle discomfort for a long time, and have been looking for natural methods to get relief. I am always skeptical and know very well to deal with Kiosks in malls with caution.

Well, what I am about to tell the public, I passed on to my banker, and many others so the word will get out never to deal with this outfit. They are all appalled.

So I bought this Palm Massager for $181, went home that evening and put it on the area that could use some relief... used it for 20 minutes on and 20 off twice.... Felt like it was getting some of the soreness out.

The next mornig I worke up in real pain... I had aggravated/inflamed the area.. I am a busy guy so I waitied 2 days and called the owner fo the kiosk to let him know my situation.. I was at work when I called and he seemed courteous enough so I went down there that weekend to get a refund.

Remembrer I had used this product for a total of 40-60 minutes and found out it really was a bad idea for me.

The next thing that happened was almost insanity.. now is when the scam gets really bad..

The owner of the kiosk, goes by the name Shane (which is probably a fictitious name), says they will not refund once it has been used.. I asked if it was a joke... It wasn't.. it gets worse..

I called corporate.. no answer, but an answering maching with a heavy foreign accent.. I called back 4-5x.. no call back (BIG SURPRISE!!!!!)..

Then I found out the same unit I bought for $181 sells for $25 on Amazon.. I am calling Amazon to let them know about this scam next...

Anyway, I have a ton of people in my network, and I don't want anyone out there to have this experience with this scam company..

BTW, they still haven't called me back or responded to my emails.. its been 3 weeks... next I will start having conversations with the attorney generals, etc

these guys must be stopped.. I love immigrants coming over in the land of opportuntiy and doing great things..

then you have the ones that come over and try to rip people off.. NO REFUNDS for with these guys... its a loophole in the law... they will only get away with it for a short period of time.. before they go out of business for unethical practices...

in the big picture.. these scams are only ephemeral.... very short lived...

would love to put these scam artists out of business... like I said... I love foreigners doing great business...

its just the bad apples like these guys that ruin it for everyone

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2013 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palm-Massager-Shane-owner/Tampa-Florida/Palm-Massager-Shane-vendor-for-Palm-Massager-Citrus-Park-Mall-Worst-experience-with-1084650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palm Massager .. Shane owner

#1 General Comment

palm massager 2

AUTHOR: krazyb**** - ()

i just bought this pos and the wont give me my money back either and i paid 250

response to grant

AUTHOR: Adam - ()

As I said, I wouldn't want anyone to have a similar experience that I did... the fact remains, there are times you can get this product from sites like Amazon for under $25... they are selling it at a Mall Kiosk for $181..

Additionally, when I called and emailed customer service I got no response at all.. the messages had tremendous accents... so when I said, I have great respect for foreigners coming to this country and making a success of themselves, that is what I meant..

Lastly, there was a very young salesman at the kiosk that was extremely unprofessional when I went back a weekk later to explain what had happened... my entire experience was one of the worst I have had..

I hope people that read this understand that I have never written anything negative about a business before.. just check the prices elsewhere on this product, and you can plainly see the operational integrity lies.

grant is a very smooth talker who is very good at trying to calm down very unhappy customers... I hope he changes his business practices so he has happy customers, and doesn't rely on loopholes in the law... as he told me he would have had to refund my money had I come in within 2 days.. he knows the loopholes well and uses it to his advantage..

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response to Adam

AUTHOR: GMBarnes09 - ()

First and formeost I would like to state that I am an American born in North Carolina. I have operated a business for many years now, and I was also an employee of the company for many years prior. Our business prides itself in customer service, and we try to satisfy the needs of every customer, no matter how difficult. However, this situation with Adam have made our staff disgruntled, as well as our customers so we felt the need to set the record straight.

Adam, our demonstration and sales training is based around providing the customer with the best possible product for their individual needs. Our employee Lance showed you a product upon your agreeance to try a new and exiciting pain releif device, and you purchased a product knowing full well what our policies are regarding return and exchange.

Our signs are clearly posted by the register, and both of our customer reciepts state the policy in BOLD letters allowing the customer to decide if he/she would like agreee with the terms. Any customer requiring visual evidence regaridng

We are saddened to hear that your expeirence with the product was unsatisfactory... However after making many attempts to explain our return policy, it seems you have chosen a path of slander and honestly you've altered the events that transpiried.

We are happy to exchange the product for the full retail value of what you paid, but we will not be held responsible for your indiscresion. You are welcome to visit our location at any time and redeem your exchange policy if you are unhappy with your purchase.

I hope the moderators of this website will take the time to evaluate the situation, and protect a small business against inacurate information as to allow our shop to continue operating as usual.

Thanks,

Grant Barnes

Aromatherapy, Citrus Park Mall.

Sorry Owner of Kiosk said his name was GRANT

AUTHOR: employee of company that couldn''t g - ()

Grant said he owned the kiosk, but was just a vendor for "THE  PALM MASSAGER" and didn't have the authority to refund.. he said to call corporate lol... What an insulting joke.. how devious and cunning, and ridiculously ignorant..

I doubt the validity of this characters name.. probably not real... again, I was actually in a lot of pain because the product actually had the adverse reaction I was hoping for.. inflamed the area very badly, where I was in pain for literally 3 days... and again.. my colleagues, friends will spread the word about this terribly unethical/unscrupulous businesss... corporate is a joke.. just kept leaving messages on both phones on their answering machines.. its probably an offshore call center since they are presumably not from here, which has become obvious.. they say they will call you back and don't...

don't even bother emailing... the only reason they have gotten away with this for a period of time is because the amount of money the consumer spends is fairly low.. so people just let it go, and take the loss and say they were scammed... but I have never been treated this way and I know there are tons of others that will come out of the wood works.. I am free to be contacted...

the loophole in the law only works for these theives for so long.. the worst part about it is they don't even do much business... if you are going to do a scam, at least make it a little more clever.............the product is sooo overpriced, as evideced by what they think... THEY SELL IT FOR $181 in the mall, and $25 on amazon... SAME PRODUCT!! Nice company.. then if it doesn't work for you.. oh well, tough luck.. nothing the "vendor" can do..

... just a little embarrassed that they pulled the scam on me, but that's ok...karma always works.. and all the negative energy from their deceitful dealings... pass the word so they can't continue to fleece victims...don't do business with "the palm massager"

its almost like they laughed when I asked for money back... I just know these things are short term scams but the sooner this horribly scandalous company is know the better...

they will also probably come out under a different name as soon as everyone realizes what they are doing..

Just try to call customer service 954 518 9777 or the other number is843-603-3053.. Good luck.. this scam doesn't bother calling you back.. its a "breakage" game to them...

*** they hope you will go away.. and they are savvy enough to know most people will...  and they will probably resurface under another name after no one will buy from them because of the negative publicity