Complaint Review: Palmer electric

• Updated: Mon, February 10, 2014

• Reported By: joe s — Valrico Florida
Palmer electric
8077 mccamidge dr cicero ny , Select State/Province USA

Palmer electric palmer electric damaged my floors, ceilings, and furniture. refuse to fix it!! cicero new york

*Author of original report: excuses

*General Comment: Odds

In may/june 2013 I called palmer electric to install 4 fans and 9 canister lights and misc items a lightswitch etc.... the gentleman that did the work were nice enough and pleasant to deal with the issue I have with this company is that upon arrival I was very specific. ..... DO NOT put any thing on the floors with out protecting them first. Palmer electric did not use protection which caused damage to my brand new harwood floors, secondly they damaged the ceilings in my living room there tool left a 2 inch ring around each can light they installed as well as black finger prints around the fans and around the conduit ceilings now need repainting.

In the kitchen they put holes in the ceiling that should have never been put there to begin with now I need to fix the holes and paint the entire ceiling again. Dining room they tried to install a fan at the back of the room but were unsuccessful but were successful at marking the ceiling with a pencil and erasing it 15 different times leaving streaks in my ceiling dining ceiling now needs repainted. [continued below]....

..... The wood floor in my upstairs bedroom had a giant gouge in it from the ladder they used I actually gave them something to use but they did Not do as I asked.hallway is also damaged from there ladder.

Furniture was also damaged because they built the ceiling fans on my kitchen table after I asked him not too or atleast cover it he did neither and now the brand new table has to be resurfaced as well as an upstairs dresser palmer then handed me a sticky note with a figure of 5789.00 I asked him if I was going to get an actual invoice or if this was normal practise they informed me that it was coming. After they finished the grand total for 4 fans and 9 can lights 6500.00 now they are suing me. I will fight it but consumer be aware palmer electric is what I call a RIPOFF and any homeowner looking for electric work need to be aware of there shady billing and work practise thanks for reading this post

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Palmer-electric/cicero-ny-Select-StateProvince/Palmer-electric-palmer-electric-damaged-my-floors-ceilings-and-furniture-refuse-to-fix-1122449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Palmer electric

excuses

AUTHOR: joe s - ()

Any one who owns a service type business should know to protect peoples belongings you can make excuses for improper training if you choose but I can tell you as a business owner you RESPECT! and make sure you follow the wishes of your homeowners to make sure things go smoothly this was not the case palmer electric you need to look at your own policys. I guess your tech building the ceiling fan on a brand new custom table without protecting it would also cause him injury right?

Because thats your lame excuse for damaging it furthur more if your technician gets hurt on a job a legitimate company would have workers comp palmer electric you SCREWED UP THE JOB! now its time to take responsibility for it thats the right thing to do in business and to respond to your comment about the damage not being bad and take a rag and clean all the dirt and rings off ceiling paint cannot be washed its not designed to but what really gets me is that it was YOUR MESS!!!! why would you make the home owner clean it up l will tell you why POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EMPLOYEE TRAINING!!!!! Palmer Electric RIPOFF

#2 General Comment

Odds

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First you do realize that they cant put anything under the feet of a ladder. Its a safety risk. You damaged floors are nothing when compared to what you would have been paying if one of the workmen was injured doing your work. Odds are that they didnt do as much damage as you claim. Odds are that there is some damage from doing the job but NOT as much as much as the bill. I mean really grab some cleaner and CLEAN OFF THE FINGER PRINTS!!! There will always be issues when you improve your house. BUT you CANNOT just refuse to pay AFTER the work has been done. Your damages issue is clearly a seperat eissue from you paying what you owe.

I know you didnt tell your lawyer that you were going to post this report. I know because a lawyer would have told you to not do it because you could be causeing issues for yourself and putting any future legal proceedings in jepardy. What you have done is SLANDER!!! You have presented information as FACT, when reality is that it is YOUR OPINION!! This is what gets people sued. Since you have so elequently posted your issue on the web, they NOW have a additional claim on top of sueing you for the job. They can NOW add defamation of character and slander. They may also get "Character assassination" in there as well if they can show even one person read your post.

Guess what...I count as one....

There is ALWAYS three sides to any story. Your side, THEIR side, and the truth. Which side do YOU think youre telling??

I hate to say this but Im also betting you asked the workmen what the final costs were going to be and they called someone and grabbed whatever was handy to write down the information. Instead of asking a blanket question and then blasting them for not giving you specific answers, ask specific questions. Such as "When will I see a invoice". Not "How much is this going to cost".